Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager DSR in Houston, TX.
The Supply Chain Manager DSR is responsible to facilitate the weekly demand and supply review process (DSR) within the Integrated Business Planning team. The DSR process is short cycle (0-4) month and is the process to manage deviations to the tactical implementation of the approved business plan. The position holder will lead the process; ensure transparent inputs and outputs and coordinate actions and communication to address deviations to plan within business line, supply chain and other functions. This requires job holder to create, communicate and agree on a disaggregated (sku level) short term demand plan (0 to 13 weeks) – based on the constrained plan but pulling in short term opportunities and based on input from sales and historic sales data, using statistical analysis to forecast data. Also break down monthly bucket demand into weekly/daily demand.
Monitors daily sales to inform and escalate actions when demand is short or exceeds the forecast. Monitors plant execution and is aware of schedule compliance deviations at the manufacturing sites, issues with raw material procurement or logistics, and is responsible to escalate when there are deviations and coordinates gap closing measures cross-functionally
Ensure DSR is properly monetized into a 3-month forecast with finance at a product line and business line level.
- Analyze and manage the forecast and compare with historical sales history - Time period of relevance is Frozen 0 to 4 months
- Facilitate disaggregation of rough cut plan to daily weekly execution with supply planners and commercial team
- Align with Demand manager on the 4 month execution plan with gap closing measures and escalations for approval for the constrained global demand at the material/Ship To Customers, aggregated as necessary to ensure assumptions are being realized weekly
- Manage Demand exceptions and make transparent actions and gap closing measures for deviations to plan.
- Secondary work product is also a detailed demand history (actual) that can be aligned to forecast for comparison and context
- Weekly reporting on DSR scorecard.
- Coordinate the execution of the demand plan with responsible sales teams and customer services teams, effectively managing any exceptions with supply capability
- Work with Supply Planning team and Product Director on plan deviations and gap closing measures
•Forecast Segmentation and Statistical Forecast Models:
- Support as participant the demand planning manager to Realize forecast segmentation to identify materials applicable to collaborative forecast and products that require market information. Re-evaluation at least annually to ensure correct forecast segment. Maintenance in both SAP and Arkieva.
•SAP Master Data:
- Maintenance of Arkieva master data (re-alignments) relevant for the forecast, executing and material routing and extension process.
•Power User Arkieva:
- Acts as a project leader or participant in demand management projects with a minor (financial) impact. Focus in these projects is on SAP and Arkieva changes. Scope includes the management of external expertise.
- Creates material for training of users of Arkieva. Carries out training of relevant personnel to support continuous improvement (Planners, Sales Managers, and Customer Service etc.)
- Provide input to the Supply Management Review (SMR) and demand management DMR in with historical performance and deviations to consider in long term plan. This will support improving bias and planning factors.
- Leads the Demand Supply Review (DSR) to drive tactical implementation of the approved plans. Improve short term demand plan and short term communication.
- Propose tools and structures for the improvement of the planning function and, after consultation the BP Manager, implements these structures.
- Manage specific Supply Chain projects to meet budget requirements, project timelines, goals, business objectives etc.
•Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, Mathematics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related discipline
•Highly proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Access; SharePoint)
•Very good English communication skills
•Excellent analytical skills
•Demonstrable capability to analyze data (including mass cross-reference data validation, trending and forecasting)
•Strong communication skills; able to communicate with all functional levels within the business
•Experience with SAP (or equivalent ERP system), Business Warehouse (or equivalent data warehouse) or Arkieva (or equivalent advanced planning software) and Power Bi is preferred
•Solid understanding of supply chain and business processes
•Ability to prioritize and proactively complete projects with little direction
•Process driven attitude and results-orientated