Nouryon emphasizes on standardizing and centralizing its financial reporting and accounting expertise across the businesses, functions and regions.
The Financial Reporting & Accounting Expertise department covers a wide variety of reporting, business partnering, accounting and governance responsibilities.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an
Accounting Business Partner & IFRS Expert
Fulltime, based in Arnhem The Netherlands
In this challenging role you lead accounting related discussions and make decisions; explain companywide policies and procedures; lead financial close process and ensure timely, adequate and reliable financial reporting by the business or specific function. You are the tactical decision maker on how to continuously improve the financial reporting process of the business or the specific function.
You report to the Director Financial Reporting & Accounting Expertise.
Accounting Business Partner role
- Act as accounting & reporting business partner for the business and its management team
- Review specific business projects and the relating approval requests on the correct application of the accounting principles and guidelines
- In depth review of quality and content of the balance sheet and statement of income from an IFRS accounting point of view
- Ensure timely, adequate and reliable monthly financial closing process for the business
Accounting Business Partner for global functions
- Act as the business partner for the group functions (such as Tax, Treasury or HR) and provide accounting and reporting support, and advice towards the function
- Ensure in depth review of quality of the balance sheet and statement of income items relating to the specific accounting topics
- Actively involved in projects related to those functions
- Assess impact of new or changes in current accounting standards and guidance from governing bodies
- Lead projects on implementation of new or revised accounting standards
- Go to person for complex IFRS topics, such as financial instruments, impairment testing and M&A
- Involved in projects from accounting perspective, including acquisition and divestment related projects
- Prepare accounting papers / positioning papers for sharing with auditor
- Coordination with auditor as well as topic related discussions / alignment
To successfully execute the role, you:
- Are an accounting professional with at least 10 years of relevant work experience in accounting and reporting, and capable of analyzing complex processes and issues under severe time pressure
- Hold a master’s degree in finance, with focus on accounting (CPA or similar qualification)
- Preferably have working experience in multiple global businesses and/or in a big four audit firm
- Have adequate expertise knowledge in financial accounting (IFRS, accounting processes)
- Have good analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Preferably have SAP/HFM knowledge, or at least not afraid to learn the basics of systems and hands-on mentality
- Have adequate communication, people management and interpersonal skills
- Are able to bring solutions and suggestions to business teams
What can Nouryon offer you?
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right.
Our employment package comprises a competitive salary depending on experience and competencies, 30 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
If you have questions on the role, please contact Albert Hoekman, Director Financial Reporting & Accounting Expertise on +31 (0)6 2114 3512. For further information on the recruitment process, please contact Femke Haverkate, Recruiter, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
We are Nouryon
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. We produce essential chemicals and are experts in highly demanding chemistry. Over the course of our nearly 400 years of existence, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the leading companies in our industry in terms of financial performance, safety, sustainability, and reliability. Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe. We supply industries worldwide with essential chemicals for the manufacture of products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items.
• Almost 400 years of experience in the chemicals industry
• Operating in over 80 countries
• €5.0 billion in revenues
• About 10,000 employees worldwide