Nouryon Surface Chemistry has the global experience, expertise and sustainable solutions to help the Agricultural industry enhance the effectiveness of its specialty formulations. Our portfolio of products with advanced functionalities allows our customers to select solutions that best fit their specific needs in most Pesticide, Herbicide or Fertilizer application.
Requirements for Job
- Education: BS degree, preferably in Chemistry. Will consider Biology, Agronomy or other Ag-related degrees.
- During pandemic, must wear mask for all corporate and customer meetings.
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Solid interpersonal and presentation skills
- High skill level in MS Office Suite, CRM and SAP
- Minimum of 5 years chemical industry experience selling or supporting sale of surfactants, oleochemicals or other specialty chemicals into the U.S. Agrochemical market.
- Sound working knowledge of pesticide formulation processes, products, raw materials and ag related markets such as Crop Protection, Turf & Ornamental, and Home & Garden.
- Experience providing customers with formulation and application technical support.
- Proven ability to manage and grow national and multi-national accounts including ownership of account strategy, contracts, and strategy execution.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and work in a team culture with other internal departments including but not limited to R&D, Customer Service, and Supply Chain.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and approximately 50% overnight travel
Key Objectives & Principal Accountabilities
- Define, develop and implement the business strategy for assigned accounts
- Introduce, sell, service and assist, customers in the use of Nouryon surfactants
- Develop and close new accounts
- Increase volume and profitability for assigned account
- Deliver on short term and long-term objectives
- Deliver sales according to budget
- Provide accurate sales forecasts
- Identify business growth opportunities
- Direct contact with customers in the field, representing Nouryon in a positive and professional manner.
- Develop an understanding of the account’s current and future needs based on IMPAX (or similar) sales methodology.
- Identify and prioritize growth opportunities for the BU at the assigned accounts
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influences at the customer accounts multi-level connections with the customer organizations
- Maintain accurate customer demand forecast
- Create strong networks within the BU and Nouryon with regards to key opportunities
- Serve as a lead negotiator on pricing, contracts and commercial terms
- Manage contracts, confidentiality and joint development agreements
- Keep management informed of all key activities at high value accounts through effective internal communication and CRM
- Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by periodic and ad hoc reports and/or analyses; and assume other duties from time to time as directed by management.
- Internally must work productively with: Account Managers, Customer Service, Supply Chain, R&D, Legal, Technical Service, Marketing, Accounts Receivable and Business Management
- Externally must work closely with: Customer’s Purchasing, Technical, R&D, Manufacturing, Accounts Payable, Business Management including executive level management.