Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for an Account Manager, Water Treatment on the East Coast.
Nouryon Performance Formulations has the global experience, expertise and sustainable solutions to help the water treatment industry resolve difficult scales and scale conditions, reduce water usage and improve environmental impact. Our portfolio of products with advanced functionalities allows our customers to select solutions that best fit their specific needs in any water treatment scale control application.
The purpose of the Account Manager position is to grow our business with both existing and new customers in the Water Treatment segment in the North-East and Mid-West.
- Selling: expand relationship with existing accounts and drive growth
- Prospecting: identify prospects and develop these into new customers, meeting aggressive growth targets with a differentiating product portfolio including patent pending new technology
- Connecting: develop relationships with customers and prospects, aiming to maximize customer satisfaction and business growth
- Communicating: build in-depth understanding of our customer’s needs and translate these internally to Marketing, R&D and other functions to capitalize on growth opportunities
- Information Gathering: Identify new customers, new products, and new applications, conduct market research and intelligence work, including competitors
- Topline P&L responsible for the Water Treatment segment in the North-East and Mid-West. This includes sales budget planning, margin management and forecast optimization
- Build and expand relationships with potential and existing customers
- Generate new leads based on market intelligence, research, or internal resources
- Gain access to new businesses through participation in trade shows, courses and seminars
- Prepare the annual sales budget and quarterly updates for the assigned customer portfolio
- Constantly evaluate sales results, new business opportunities and trends, aimed at continuous improvement
- Implement pricing and margin strategy and negotiate contracts as well as terms & conditions for the assigned customer portfolio
- Education: BS or Master’s degree (Chemistry or Engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience, preferably in Chemicals
- Knowledge of Water Treatment chemistry is regarded advantageous
- Self-motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong drive for results and market-oriented mindset
- Requires a valid driver’s license and 30- 50% overnight travel
Preferably based in the North-East