Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for a Site Controller in Morris, IL.
Essential Job Functions:
- As a member of the site leadership team participates in the development and implementation of the site strategy. Contributes to the execution of manufacturing strategy for the site and achievement of financial objectives by monitoring, conducting financial analysis and providing forward looking management information aimed at improvement of the operational and financial effectiveness of the site. Works effectively together with a variety of stakeholders at the site and in the broader Nouryon organization.
- Safeguards core principles of Nouryon by delivering accurate financial reporting and financial and economic analysis
- Partners with the business on financial and economic topics and supports analysis of the results of the site and use this for proactive support and challenge and advice management (site leadership team, commercial teams, supply chain and ISC finance team) on financial and economics topics. This includes looking for opportunities to continuously improve and productivity improvement of the site.
- Provide accurate controlling activities in accordance with current IFRS, FEM and BU guidelines.
- Works in close cooperation with the Regional Accounting Center with respect to the registration of transactions, flows of goods and money and other accounting entries in the accounting systems.
- Responsible for all controlling activities for the site.
- Drives budget/Latest View process based on BU / ISC and Site plans, in collaboration with budget holders. Coordinates preparation of short term financial forecasts (costs, capex).
- Capex Investments - develops business cases for capex investments at the site. Assists and reviews Appropriation Requests (ARs). Monitors project management, scope changes, variation orders and analyzes budget overruns. Conducts post implementation reviews on actual realization of business cases.
- 5-10 years working experience preferably as a Controller in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA preferred
- Good knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse, and advanced Excel skills
- Ability to effectively challenge and advise colleagues on site leadership team
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Ability to initiate and manage changes and continuous improvement
- Fluency in English – verbal and written