Scientist (Agricultural Specialties)
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
- The successful candidate will join the Nouryon Chemicals team and be responsible for the formulation, development, and evaluation of new ingredients for Agricultural applications segments.
- The position responsibilities include:
- Basic formulation knowledge in Agro applications
- Use, improve, and implement new methodologies and analysis tools to link test data to Agro applications
- Analyzing large number of data - ability to use data effectively to look for patterns, analyzing results, and making presentations to others.
- Maintaining and managing experimental equipment’s
- The applicant should have good multi-tasking, organizational, and communication skills (written and presentation). The successful candidate will interface internally with the marketing, technical service, and manufacturing groups, and externally with customers to fulfill product needs within targeted Agricultural market.
- Identifies project need, set-up, plan and executes to ensure successful implementation and completion of projects
- Keeps current on uses and improves relevant research methods in the field, ensures retention of knowledge through research reports and ensures other team members stay current
- Participates in projects and ensure executing and delivery using own area of expertise
- Understands, develops and comments on technical strategy in own area
- Maintains and promotes a safe work environment. End results are zero or minimum safety incidents and a clean, orderly working environment.
Requirements for Job (education or experience required to be able to perform this job)
- PhD in Physical or Analytical Chemistry or related field
- Zero to five years of experience in industrial product formulation preferably related to Agro applications
- Experience in surfactants knowledge is preferred
- Experience in data analysis is highly preferred
- Must want to perform hands-on laboratory bench work
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the technical and business network
- Functional Excellence: Physical and Analytical Chemistry
- Problem Solving
- Experimental Principles and Design
- Business and Technical Communication
- Market and Product Insight
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Timely Decision Making
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Dealing with Ambiguity