We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. Products are extremely hazardous (pyrophoric, meaning they ignite on contact with air) and are highly reactive with water. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries.
Member of site logistics organization that is responsible for site planning, inventory and physical stock management of the business unit Functional Chemical, SBU OP and OMS. The job is dedicated to providing better service to customers with lower total supply chain cost.
• Manage the fleet in specific regional area for site and businesses within OMS. Responsible for optimizing fleet assets within OMS; supports the OMS regional strategy via fleet optimization. Responsible for creating the fleet demand forecast derived from the Customer/Product/Cylinder forecast and communicated with Global Fleet manager. Enables fleet tracking by customer by providing sales managers with fleet status and overdue data by account. Manages uniform work processes and use of SAP/GFM among supply chain colleagues involved in OMS.
• Participate in periodic IBP meetings and processes. Key user of GFM, get involved for GFMS module development. SAP master data maintenance for fleet management objects. Responsible for keep the SAP data clean and proper related to the Fleet SAP transaction (e.g. Return ICSTO’s GR updated, delete old ICSTO’s). Received list BG up to date. Improve the reliability of the current BW fleet reports.
• Fleet assignment to product/customer combinations; working with Account Managers, customer service, customers, site to ensure optimal turnaround of the cylinders - maximize contribution per container per year. Recommend allocation plan for cylinders when in short supply, based on Business guidelines (e.g. optimize GM).
• Optimize the return process, including optimization of bookings, minimization of delays, and cargo acceptance by carriers, together with responsible transport group staff. Minimize number of idle days either at the customer or the sites -- compare cylinder performance versus targets. Determine root cause of failure to meet targets at the episodic level.
• Lead development, communication, and implementation of business processes and practices across production sites and sales offices related to the fleet objects.
• Responsible for organizing regular physical bubbler stock counts in AP area and GFM/ SAP data sanitization as needed.
• Create and distribute KPIs for effective management of the fleet such as average turnaround per cylinder type –
- Turns versus target
- Container fleet demand forecast accuracy
- Cylinder availability failures rate by customer class
• Responsible for HSE&S affairs implementation related to logistics within OMS. Strictly follow the HSE policy and relevant regulation. Ensure a safe working environment for people involved with OMS import/export (including external partners).
• Bachelor’s degree, engineering or supply chain planning background
• Returnable packaging knowledge a plus; know how to handle DG cargo transportation. A good knowledge of the chemical industry conditions would be a strong advantage.
• Strong detail orientation and analytical skills to create data bases and to analyze various internal data systems.
• Good written and verbal communication skills to interact globally and at various organizational levels.
• Computer proficiency to include Microsoft office products in addition; SAP/BW is desired.
• Ability to work in an international cross-cultural environment.