We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
The Surface Chemistry Houston plant is Nouryon's leading Alkoxylation facility in North America. It is a key part of the Amines value chain for the company.
The business lines for the Houston Plant includes Agro, Oilfield and Asphalt. Over 50% of the production at the plant is for the Agro market.
JOB TITLE: Production Operator
Under general supervision, will perform duties associated with the production of chemicals and other products to meet quality specifications and customer demands.
• Must be committed to working and operating safely and follow all plant and company safety rules and procedures, as well as wearing all required PPE.
• Must be able to work in a team environment as well as function independently.
• Knowledge and ability to operate process equipment and instrumentation to produce products on time, utilizing standard operating procedures and processes that meet quality specifications and standards.
• Will be able to perform quality control analysis and tests as required
• May require individual to comply with Nouryon’s RBPS 12 Corporate CFATS Personnel Surety Compliance Policy for Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards
• Will perform other duties as required.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY SPECIFIC
• Understands and helps implement the SBU HSES / Responsible Care Policy and related objectives.
• Aware of potential environmental, health, safety and security impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
• Understands and implements any parts of the Houston Environmental Compliance Plans, Waste Management Plans and Emergency Response Plan that applies to area of responsibility.
• Participates in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
• Participates in the site’s HSE&S processes and training activities.
• Is knowledgeable and complies with all state, federal, and local regulations and complies with Nouryon’s standards and directives.
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts; lift 55lb. bags; climb up and down stairs, tanks, railcars, tank trucks, and ladders; fill and move 55-gallon drums, turn valves and other physical activities as required.
• 2 years operator experience in a chemical manufacturing plant environment preferred.
• Process Technology Associates Degree is a strong plus.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel).
• Proficiency in SAP and other software as well as operating DCS or other control systems.
• Good communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Mechanical aptitude and basic knowledge of chemistry is a plus.