Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a position of Production Engineer (Engineer III) in Axis, Alabama.
Key Objectives of Position: To improve processes for manufacturing at the LeMoyne facility. Evaluates methods to optimize and improve processes thereby increasing OEE and efficiency.
- Support all aspects of the Crystex® production unit.
- Provide oversight and direction for unit performance (as measure by the OEE and efficiency).
- Support production regarding to rates and quality.
- Identify and lead quality and yield improvement projects.
- Identify and lead maintenance reliability projects.
- Seek to identify and lead process improvements using Continuous Improvement tools.
- Provide technical services and operating support for plant special needs, for example: unit start up, project commissioning, process and/or product troubleshooting.
- Provide support for the development and improvement of unit specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and all other technical documents requiring engineering input.
- Identify and lead engineering Management of Change (MOC’s) within the assigned production unit.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and assist with implementing the site’s Operating Policy and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees.
- Identify and lead projects related to safety and environmental improvements.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
Quality Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process.
- Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
- Be familiar with site-wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering and 3+ years of experience, or Master’s degree in chemical engineering.
• Emphasis will be on unit performance and will require a thorough understanding of (Lean-6 Sigma) Continuous Improvement principles and tools.
• Experience with design principles and project implementation.
• Process and product troubleshooting experience.
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
• Good computer skills.
• Must be able to wear steel toed shoes and hard hat.