We are pleased to be able to offer the exciting vacancy of Supply Chain Manager DSR for Home and Personal Care Specialties, within the Performance Formulations division, in Houston, Texas. This newly-created role will have the crucial responsibility of leading the weekly demand and supply review process (DSR) within the Business Planning team.
The DSR process is focused on the short term (0-3 month) and as such this central role, right at the heart of Integrated Business Planning will be making decisions that have a direct impact on the successful delivery of the business plan, ensuring that we meet our objectives.
In order to effectively drive the process, you will need to manage deviations to the plan, ensure transparent inputs and outputs and coordinate actions and clearly communication throughout, to all stakeholders.
You will create, build consensus around and communicate a detailed short term demand plan based on our constrained forecast but supplemented with your additional expertise to incorporate short-term opportunities and other incremental volumes based on statistical analysis. To embed the detail of the plan within the supply plan you will also break down monthly ongoing demand into more granular weekly/daily schedules.
To ensure we maximize our available capacity, you will monitor daily sales to drive action when demand is short or exceeds the forecast. So that the business has the best possible overview of real-time capacity, you will monitor plant execution and keep up to date with any deviations from the agreed schedule at the manufacturing sites and any issues with raw material procurement or logistics. When issues do occur, you will lead the cross-functional efforts to ensure they are comprehensively resolved.
In order that we see the impact of our plans, you will work with the Finance team to ensure DSR is effectively monetized into a 3-months forecast, at a product line and business line level.
- Demand Actual/Forecast:
- Analyze and manage the forecast and compare with historical sales history 0-3 months.
- Facilitate disaggregation of rough-cut plan to daily and weekly execution with supply planners and commercial team.
- Align with Demand Manager on the 3 months execution plan with proposed gap closing measures. To include all constrained global demand at material/Ship To Customers, aggregated as necessary to ensure assumptions are being achieved weekly.
- Manage all exceptions to the demand forecast and clarify actions & gap closing measures for any deviations the agreed plan.
- Secondary work product is also a detailed demand history (actual) that can be aligned to forecast for comparison and context.
- Weekly reporting on DSR scorecard.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Coordinate the execution of the demand plan with responsible sales teams and customer services teams, effectively managing any exceptions with supply capability.
- Work with Supply Planning teams, Product Directors, Business Line VP’s and Regional Sales Managers on deviations to plan and gap closing measures.
- Forecast Segmentation and Statistical Forecast Models:
- Support the demand planning manager to realize forecast segmentation to identify materials applicable to collaborative forecast and products that require market information. Re-evaluation at least annually to ensure correct forecast segment. Maintenance in both SAP and Arkieva (S&OP software).
- SAP master data:
- Maintenance of Arkieva master data (re-alignments) relating to the forecast, executing & material routing and extension process.
- Power User Arkieva:
- Act as a project leader or participant in demand management projects. Focus in these projects is on SAP and Arkieva changes. Scope includes the management of external expertise.
- Create material for training of users of Arkieva. Carry out training of relevant personnel to support continuous improvement (Planners, Sales Managers, Customer Service etc.).
- Business Planning
- Provide input to the Supply Management Review (SMR) and Demand Management Review (DMR) with historical performance and deviations to consider in long term plan. This will support improving forecast bias and planning factors.
- Lead the Demand Supply Review (DSR) to drive tactical implementation of the approved plans. Improve short-term demand plan and short-term communication.
- Improvement Suggestions:
- Propose tools and structures for the improvement of short-term demand plan, DSR process and communication with IBP, and, after consultation the BP Manager, implements these structures.
- Manage specific Supply Chain projects to meet budget requirements, project timelines, goals, business objectives etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant working experience in supply chain management (or equivalent).
- APICS CPIM is desirable.
- At least 5 years of documented experience in demand and supply planning.
- Extensive experience with IBP/S&OP.
- Experience with SAP (or equivalent ERP system) and Arkieva (or equivalent advanced planning software). Experience with Business Warehouse (or equivalent data warehouse) is advantageous.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and proactively complete projects/initiatives with little direction.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
To be successful in this position, you have the ability to communicate in a professional manner towards all stakeholders at various levels of the business and the ability to build successful, long-term relationships. You are confident in your own expertise and deliver results while maintaining a high quality in your work. You also possess the ability to work efficiently as well as independently and you know how to prioritize your daily work. Further, you demonstrate the capability to analyze data (including mass cross-reference data validation), trending and forecasting combined with a process-driven and results-oriented mindset. The role involves approx. 10% travelling.
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.