We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: LeMoyne, AL
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: E/I Maintenance Supervisor
Provide general leadership of electrical/instrumentation personnel performing maintenance activities in support of site business objectives.
• Provide leadership in maintenance to electrical/instrumentation personnel to ensure process safety fundamentals are applied in every work step and Nouryon Life Saving Rules are upheld in the organization.
• Promote development and compliance with Nouryon electrical safe work practices.
• Develop and manage the capability of electrical/instrument team members to achieve business results (safety, reliability, cost, quality) and exceed customer requirements.
• Ensure team members understand and meet site business needs.
• Coordinate/plan/execute maintenance work activities to ensure maximum equipment reliability
• Lead daily crew meetings and update KPI scoreboards with appropriate follow-up actions.
• Guide decision-making for the team, in alignment with core values of the business unit and corporate objectives.
• Support site continuous improvement efforts.
• Meet and exceed Health, Safety, Environmental, and Security (HSES) policy requirements.
• Troubleshoot equipment operating issues and recommend short-term and long-term solutions.
• Participate/lead root cause problem solving efforts as needed, engaging appropriate site personnel.
• Respond to emergency situations as necessary, including events occurring outside normal business hours.
• Perform administrative duties such as preparing daily/weekly work schedules and appropriate reports.
• Provide individual / team feedback, coaching, discipline as required.
• Facilitate resolution of technical/personnel issues.
• Other duties as assigned, including providing back-up coverage for other maintenance supervision.
I/E Supervisor Qualifications:
• Education – high school degree required. Completion of related accredited trade school curriculum, or apprenticeship program preferred.
• Experience – Five+ years’ experience in an industrial setting as an electrical/instrumentation technician, or similar job background. Chemical plant experience preferred.
• Three years’ experience working with CMMS systems required, SAP experience preferred.
• Excellent planning and organizing abilities.
• Demonstrated electrical / instrumentation knowledge typical of an industrial setting.