Career Opportunities: Plant Operator II (#3481)
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Plant Operator II position in Morris, IL.
- Must be committed to working and operating safely and follow all plant and company safety and environmental policies and procedures, as well as wearing all required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as function independently.
- Must be able to operate plant process equipment and instrumentation to produce products on time, utilizing standard operating procedures and processes that meet quality specifications and standards.
- Successfully pass initial operator training and subsequent refreshener trainings.
- Under general supervision, will perform duties associated with the manufacturing of chemicals and other products to meet quality specifications and customer demands.
- Must be able to work 8 and 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Must have a high school diploma. 1-2 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing plant or equivalent degree in Process Operations Technology or other chemical operator certificate.
- National Career Readiness Certificate a plus.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) a plus.
- Knowledge of DCS control systems a plus.
- Seeks to understand the Health, Safety, Environmental and Security (HSES) aspects of his/her area operations and the consequences if an upset occurs
- Good communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- After 30 days of continuous service required to become a member of the International Chemical Workers Union Council, UFCW.
Additional Essential Requirements:
- Ascend/descend stairs, ladders, tanks, railcars, and tank trucks.
- Pulling, pushing, and/or lifting to 50 pounds.
- Walk uninterrupted for distance of up to ½ mile to access control building and evacuate the site in a timely manner during emergencies.
- Reaching overhead, kneeling, and bending.
- Must be able to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to, hardhats, safety glasses, goggles, shields, earplugs, and safety shoes.
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Fit Test and don a respirator in all applicable operations.
- Other physical activities as required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.