We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature-controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides, as well as toll produces optical monomers.
Job Description: Develop, communicate and maintain a workable schedule to balance work requirements and site priorities across production needs and maintenance resource constraints. Ensuring the schedule meets production priorities and is optimized across entire site (work with gate keepers) and ensure materials and services are called off timely.
- Drive World Class Maintenance Standards including but not limited to Resource Utilization, Schedule Compliance, PM Compliance, Maintenance Cost, etc.
- Facilitating weekly scheduling meeting with Gate Keeper(s)
- Developing weekly schedules based on negotiated production unit priorities and current business environment to optimize the use of site wide available resources and/or contractors
- Publishing and updating daily and weekly schedules to affected work groups, while adjusting schedules to accommodate changing production priorities.
- Monitoring and tracking weekly schedule compliance, and publishing results cross-site.
- Providing feedback to planners on quality of job plan detail and logic
- Providing reports on resource utilization and providing input into any staffing changes that may be necessary based on historical trends and forecasts
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
- 5-7 years of scheduling experience in a chemical plant maintenance group
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Abe to wear respirator if needed
- Must be able to work in plant environment
- Must be able to wear safety shoes, safety glasses and hard hat