Do you take the challenge to work for a procurement organization that is ahead of the curve and works with cutting-edge methodologies? Do you want to gain experience with, or extend your knowledge on, applications such as Ariba and Cooper? If so, the we are looking for you.
At our Nouryon Procurement function we have a temporary vacancy for 6 months for a:
Category Manager Raw Materials
Fulltime, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Gross annual salary: EUR 65.000 – EUR 90.000
As Category Manager you develop, implement and maintain sourcing strategies for a category of approx. 150 raw materials. You are responsible for the collection and interpretation of market data and intelligence. You are the “go to” person for assigned spend within the region and stimulate cross business cooperation.
Your responsibilities include:
• Building and maintaining competitive contacts with suppliers to secure total cost of ownership solutions. You lead value engineering and other cost reduction activities.
• Developing plans for the short-term and long-term security of supply. You identify alternative suppliers and products for innovation, improved sustainability, cost reduction
• Taking an active role in the global category network to align decisions and activities around common suppliers
• Representing the Business both in- and outside Nouryon. You build and maintain a network of business contacts in support of organizational objectives
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position you dispose of advanced strategic thinking skills with ability to analyze data, understand interdependencies and develop strategies at the global category level. You have a Bachelor or Master’s Degree, in a business-related area.
• Have negotiation experience, and are able to influence people and sell concepts and ideas
• Feel comfortable in communicating professionally with people at all levels of the organization
• Are an excellent relationship builder and skilled at managing external contacts
• Have experience in working with international sourcing across regions in a high complexity environment
• Have a strong sense of accountability and ownership with a high level of autonomy to develop spend and cost reduction projects
• Have the willingness to work with personal cost targets, and the ability to develop and change strategy to reach targets
• Are highly effective with stakeholder management and have the capability to build strong relationships, internally and externally
• Have good presentation skills
• Have an analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
• Are proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Are fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
Procurement at Nouryon
The Procurement function is responsible for driving value from our supply base by creating the right insights into the markets we buy in and improving the performance of our suppliers on delivery, cost and sustainability. Managing risks, costs and supply reliability in logistics and raw materials along with driving down our NPR Spend are key levers in the company strategic plan.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A temporary contract for 6 months
• A gross salary, tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies
• An attractive bonus scheme
• 5 vacation days (for a full calendar year)
• An excellent pension plan
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you ready for a next step as Category Manager Raw Materials?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page, and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, email@example.com.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.