Career Opportunities: Researcher – Wet Chemist (Req. #3523)
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Researcher - Wet Chemist position in Bridgewater, NJ.
- Supply timely, insightful analytical reports from chemical/physical analysis to internal customers including: Synthesis, Process Development, Application research, and Production.
- Participate as a member of an extended team encompassing multiple sites and a wide array of chemical analysis capabilities.
- Interact closely with Synthesis, Application research, Regulatory and plant QC groups in assisting with development of new products, resolving customer concerns, and providing methodology.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook, provide insightful analysis reports, prepare monthly project summaries, and utilize LIMS database.
- Ability to apply statistical measures to data analysis.
- Good mechanical and mathematical skills. Proficient with instrument trouble-shooting maintenance and repair. Possesses a strong work ethic, self-starter, good oral and written communications skills, and proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs. Possesses good interpersonal skills.
- Maintaining reagent inventory and laboratory consumables.
- Maintains company safety standards and lives the company values.
- B.S./M.S. in Chemistry with a minimum of 5 years industrial experience in Analytical Chemistry.
- Experience in wet chemical analysis specifically acid/base, complexation, redox and precipitation titration methods. Proficient in the handling of laboratory reagents, preparation of dilutions, preparation of titrants and their standardization.
- Experience with the operation, proper sample preparation and data analysis for ICP-OES elemental analysis.
- Experience with the operation of physical property equipment including viscometer, moisture, flash point, and density.
- Demonstrate skill with instrument troubleshooting, basic maintenance, and repair. Possesses a strong work ethic, self-starter, good oral and written communications skills, and proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Possesses good interpersonal skills and inherent safety focus in the lab.
- Ability to operate in a diverse technical group environment responding to varied requests from sites across the region.
- Skills to multitask between report preparation, data collection, sample preparation and instrumental upkeep, required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are critical to ensure clear information transfer to customers.
- The successful candidate must be able to select and perform a wide array of wet chemical methods for the characterization of research and production materials.
- Multiple Metrohm titrators are available for concurrent analysis.
- Elemental analysis experience is strongly desired for the operation of an ICP-OES including sample preparation.
- Be responsible for assisting with instrument upkeep and troubleshooting.
The position will require little travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.