Chemical Operator III (Entry – Level) Job Description
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Chemical Operator III position in Lima, OH.
- Work and operate safely by following all plant and company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures and by demonstrating safe work practices, taking part in safety meetings, and advising the supervisor of any non-conforming conditions, as well as wearing all required personal protective equipment.
- Emergency Response – Hazwoper Technician Level certification for offensive response to Emergency Incidents.
- Perform routine Lab analysis.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all equipment and process for variations and adjusts as needed according to SOP and Production Plans.
- Manual / Automated Addition of raw materials as required.
- Preparation for maintenance – decontaminate and prepare equipment for maintenance activities for PMs and schedule/unscheduled activities. Issue all permits for the required activities.
- Product Quality – Control by SOP and adjustments to process to maintain consistent product quality. To include sampling and analysis.
- Warehouse Duties – Packaging and labeling of finished goods in the warehouse, loading/unloading of bulk solid finished goods and raw materials. Placement of trailers and containers. Tracking of all materials incoming / outgoing. Drum filling operation and pulling samples as required. Ensure proper blocking and bracing for all shipments. Perform physical count of inventories.
- Tankfarm Duties – Inspect / load / unload tank wagons, railcars, frack tanks, transfers between tanks, tank wagons, railcars, frack tank for finished goods and raw materials. Placement of railcars. Pull samples as required prior to loading / unloading / pump-outs. Perform physical count of inventories.
- Operate and Maintain logistical equipment (eg. Fork lift, Yard mule, Track Mobile, bagger, drummer).
- Maintain certification / re-certification and participate in the training of others.
- Committed to working and operating safely and follow all plant and company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures by demonstrating safe work practices, taking part in safety meetings, and advising the supervisor of any non-conforming conditions, as well as wearing all required personal protective equipment.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Post High school degree is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) a plus.
- 1-2 years experience in a chemical manufacturing plant or equivalent and knowledge of DCS control systems a plus.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and previous forklift certification is a plus.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. *