Purpose of the job
The Regional Trade Compliance Manager will support the execution of Nouryon’ s Global Trade Compliance (GTC) Program in compliance with export and import laws and regulations in all countries where Nouryon operates. This position reports to the Director of Global Trade Compliance.
The Regional Trade Compliance Manager will play a critical role in the day-to-day functioning of the Company’s global and regional trade compliance programs relating to import/export classification, documentation, valuation, country of origin assessment, dual-use export controls, temporary imports, and royalties. The Regional Trade Compliance Manager will maintain import and export functional procedures, provide training and guidance on trade compliance related issues, and perform internal trade compliance assessments. The individual will also be responsible for deploying an industry best practice Trade Compliance program across the region and will support regional trade compliance activities as needed.
Nouryon is a leading global specialty chemicals manufacturer, providing essential chemistries/chemicals for diverse end-markets, including agriculture, cleaning, construction, food, fuels, oil and gas, personal care, pharmaceuticals, plastic applications (automotive) and pulp and packaging. The Company employs approximately 10,000 employees worldwide, operates in over 80 countries and generates approximately €5 billion in revenue.
Competitive compensation, 10-20% travel (as allowed by travel restrictions)
- Act as a Global Trade Advisor for the APAC region, with a focus on China - responsible for managing trade compliance regulatory developments, proactively assessing impact to the business, and assessing any actions/changes required to maintain compliance;
- Determine if local/regional import/export licensing is required with various governmental authorizing agencies and manage process;
- Ensure continual compliance with Nouryon policies and procedures and work cross-functionally to ensure that global trade compliance is maintained, and overall organization objectives are supported;
- Draft, deliver, and/or participate in training on trade compliance matters;
- Liaise with local Customs Authorities and other Governmental Agencies as required;
- Provide daily import/export operational guidance to business units and service providers, including brokers and transportation companies.
- Assist in third party due diligence and the ongoing screening of customers, distributors, agents and other third parties.
- Partner with corporate functions such as Legal, Finance, Tax, Research & Development, Operations and all Nouryon sites.
- Assist the Global Trade Director on regional projects related to import/export and trade compliance
- Perform other duties assigned as needed.
- BA/BS Degree required.
- 7+ years of experience working in and establishing import/export compliance systems with international responsibilities.
- 7+ years of experience in trade compliance roles, including in China Customs regulations, developing export regulations, export and sanctions regulations of the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
- Experience in working independently in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Fluent in English
- Other languages a plus.