Quality Control Chemist - Job Description
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/.
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Chemist position in Lima, OH (USA).
- Test all products to be shipped for conformity to specification and test routine and not routine samples as needed including but not limited to : NaCN scrubber, ammonia, Biosump, raw materials, etc. in support of operations and HSE.
- Assist in the development/implementation of new – experimental test procedures.
- Responsible for preparing special samples for shipment to customers.
- Enter lab data into SAP and Excel workbooks, and when necessary data from the Process Lab and Maintain standard laboratory records and notebooks for non-routine work. Interface with other stakeholders to disseminate results when necessary.
- Calibrate and maintain all laboratory equipment.
- Ensure reagents, testing solutions, laboratory supplies, sample shipping supplies, etc for QC and Process labs are ordered/prepared/available.
- Ensure equipment in Process lab is in good working order and maintained.
- Train and audit Operators on sampling and quality testing and analysis and assist as needed.
- Act as internal ISO (lead) auditor.
- Degree in Chemistry is required.
- Requires knowledge and ability to operate computers.
- Strong math skills.
- Good lab technique for quantitative analysis.
- Working knowledge of Gas Chromatograph (GC), Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), pH meters, balances, titrators, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and other sophisticated analytical equipment.
- Ability to work safely in the lab.
- Good at time management.
*All applicants offered positions by Nouryon, will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.*
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. *