Nouryon has a great opportunity for an HR Reporting & Business Analytics Specialist. This position is located in Houston, TX (Energy Corridor).
This a challenging opportunity for an open minded and enthusiastic candidate with great functional, reporting, and analytical skills to support the strategic change, driving business continuity, HR professionalism, user satisfaction, and further enhance the support core applications to the Business.
- Business Analytics Specialist will design, execute, and present results from hands on analytical projects that will inform critical business decisions and actions impacting the talent lifecycle, including headcount and workforce planning.
- Provide insight into HR data that will enable the HR team, functional leaders to develop ongoing strategies, analysis and people metrics to optimize the effectiveness of our people policies and processes
- Work with COE’s to develop local metrics reporting in their areas of KPIs, expertise; Talent, Rewards, Diversity & Inclusion etc.
- Develop and maintain customized reports and dashboards, including preparing data for analysis, performing analysis, identifying trends and insights, making recommendations and presenting data in an effective and compelling way
- Develop reporting capabilities of HRBP’s to be independent with reporting and data needs
- Develop opportunities to use process automation to simplify HR reporting activities
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports as requested by HR and Stakeholders
- Quality/ Audits
- Analyze and Report HRIS Data – using scheduled reporting, advanced reporting, people analytics and MS Excel daily to support the completion of annual government reports, EEO etc.
- Maintain data accuracy and integrity in all HR systems by running audit reports, investigating errors, identifying re-occurring trends, and taking corrective action to ensure data integrity.
- Provides support for the HR systems including, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process walks resulting in data flaws.
- Participate in internal audits ensuring that our processes are compliant.
- Functional Maintenance
- The role would also be the expert on fundamental maintenance and role base permissions.
- Supports critical system maintenance, data loads, and operational tasks within the HRIS activities
- Assist in training users on the updated functionality
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge and capability in new areas as needed
- A bachelor’s (or master’s) degree in Information Technology, computer sciences, or related fields
- 3 years of HRIS/HR system support experience required
- Work experience with the HRIS used in the company (e.g., SuccessFactors, Power BI, payroll system data, SAP) is a plus
- Systems /Functional area: SAP SuccessFactors (Reporting, People Analytics and Workforce Analytics), Power BI, Microsoft Excel expertise.
- Advanced computer skills to analyze data from various systems to produce reports and insights, including strong proficiency with Excel is a must and expertise in SAP, SuccessFactors and Power BI is an asset
- Must understand the system development lifecycle process
- Critical thinking to create innovative solutions to complicated problems
- An analytical, technical, curious, self-starter who has a passion for analytics and data analysis
- Previous experience using data and analytics to improve business performance and providing insights into trends
- Excels at building relationships and big-picture thinking, strong problem solving and strategic communication skills
- Ability to navigate within a large, global, highly matrixed, and rapidly evolving organization.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to maintain high quality standards.