We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: LaPorte, TX
Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries.
Key Objective of Position: The Maintenance Manager is primarily responsible for delivering reliability against minimum cost. Also accountable for planning, directing and controlling the work of the Maintenance Department to support and maintain production departments and infrastructure at the Battleground site commensurate with good engineering practices and in line with BU policies and procedures. Key member of Site Management team.
- Directly responsible for the overall planning, direction and management of the maintenance department at the Battleground site and determining resources necessary for optimal performance.
- Setting goals for maintenance performance through establishing KPIs while ensuring consistent, widespread use of best practices within maintenance.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the overall maintenance work process and improve cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assessing maintenance staff competency levels versus requirements and identifying training/hiring needs. Ensure high utilization of staff
- Leading the development of the department annual budgeting process and continuously monitoring performance versus budget; taking necessary actions to achieve committed results
- Ensuring the application of all safety rules, assuring maintenance personnel are aware of and employing safe working practices and promoting safety programs and behaviors. Responsible for leadership and successful implementation of HSE&S programs, including compliance with environmental permits, and supports HSE&S improvement projects for the site
- Processing of work requests, and completion of breakdown maintenance. Execute an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Plan, implement, and measure sound maintenance technical practices including predictive maintenance, planning and scheduling, total quality, safety, and management techniques.
- Develop, implement, and maintain calibration/verification maintenance plan for environmental and safety systems, ISO, etc. Manage plant instrument calibration process in line with ISO STD 4.11.
- Plan and provide for an adequate supply and ensure control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees including VPP and BBS (Swagger).
3. Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
4. Understand and implement any parts of the Battleground Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
5. Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
6. Participate and adhere to all applicable government regulations regarding process safety and environmental compliance responsibilities for the site. Nouryon Battleground is an OSHA PSM covered site.
7. Understand and assist with upkeep of process safety information as required by role
8. Maintain a strong understanding of process safety and PSM management including the OSHA 14 elements of process safety and Nouryon 21 building blocks.
Quality Specific Responsibilities:
1. Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
2. Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
3. Be familiar with site wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
4. Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
- B.S. Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of experience working in a maintenance or mechanical engineering role in a chemical plant or oil industry. The selected candidate must be a proven leader with at least 3 years of experience managing, training and leading maintenance teams in a chemical industry setting.
- Highly skilled in predictive/preventative maintenance
- Reliability Centered Maintenance experience
- Root Cause Problem Solving ability
- Experience with budgeting and working with SAP.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to develop and lead employees.
- Must be able to wear FRCs, steel toed boots, safety glasses and hard hat and be able to go into a plant environment
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders