Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Solutions Architect in Houston, TX.
- Ensures solutions compatible with the existing (technical and functional) architecture to ensure compliance with business and IM strategy, policy, guidelines, budget, and operational supportability
- Ensures quality and consistency with template design for deployments
- Supports demand management in the ideation phase and early stages of the IM projects
- Influences others regarding the role and relevance of Solution Architecture in the business
- Proactively seeks continuous business and service improvement opportunities (cost and performance)
- Identifies opportunities to build cross-functional working relationships both including various internal (ISC COE, continuous improvement teams) and external parties (suppliers, peers, and others)
- Monitors the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies in own area of expertise and current core application landscape
- Supports business information managers in writing project charters and translation into detailed requirements – in line with the used IPM project methodology
- Participates in multiple IM projects and performs hands-on project activities or change requests if opportunity or need arises
- Translates business requirements into solutions and/or solution directions in the area of planning and related areas (logistics, inventory management)
- Contributes to and initiates continuous improvement activities
- Defines, agrees and communicates the roadmap for the applications in scope
- Ensure quality and consistency with template design for deployments – check of designs and build
- Reviews impact assessment proposes solution directions and estimates efforts for change requests with BPOs and stakeholders.
- Keeps IM documentation and CMDB up-to-date for the business processes and applications in scope
- Supports the testing and training activities for CR’s and in projects
- Master / bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study
- Background: IT consulting, IT architect, or business supply chain role with IT affinity or experience (e.g. key user, supply chain management, business analyst)
- Professional with at least 5 years of experience in the IT sector including at least 2 years in the Integrated Supply chain domain
- Good communicator and influencer: Ability to influence internal and external parties and communicate clearly in at different levels. Fluent in written and spoken English
- Used to working in a global environment and familiar with regional specifics
- Able to work on multiple tasks and activity simultaneously, set priorities and communicate effectively and timely to relevant stakeholders on priorities and progress to manage expectations.
- Strong analytical skills to identify opportunities and solutions
- Experience with the setup, administration and processes around IBP software packages. Experience at least with 1 package such as SAP APO, SAP IBP, Arkieva, Anaplan, or comparable.
- Familiar with concepts/processes such as S&OP, demand and supply planning, forecasting modules, MPS, MRP, detailed scheduling, internal stock transfers, production versions, material master, BOMs, recipes, routes, work center, capacity planning, ATP, subcontracting.
- Preferably also has knowledge of areas integrating to planning processes, especially manufacturing, product costing, sales and customer services (ATP, delivery, transport), materials and inventory management.
- Knowledge of Arkieva planning software, hands on experience in SAP ECC implementation projects and programs, and familiarity with technical IT concepts are pros
- Knowledge of / experience with the manufacturing / process industry is a pro
- Broad knowledge and experience of architecture, technology platforms and business domains with relevant experience in the ISC functional domain (Expertise area: Planning)
- Experience and knowledge of business process modelling and application architecture design (logical and physical) – frameworks (TOGAF), tools, technologies, methodologies
- Proposed solutions or directions using knowledge, experience and analysis of available information
- Ability to remain neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices, as well as to be more interested in results than in personal preferences
- Ability to balance the long-term (or “big-picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Ability to see the whole picture (helicopter view) as well as being able to focus into the detail