We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature-controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides, as well as toll produces optical monomers.
Objective of Position: Operates shipping and off-loading equipment in line with approved safety, quality and production guidelines to meet customer needs.
- Operate in area assigned - Functional Chemicals Product loading areas.
- Know and operate all equipment and processes associated with raw material off-loading.
- Understand shipping, operates equipment in area assigned to perform functions.
- Know and operate mechanical operations of shipping, loading and off-loading equipment.
- Assist in development of job analyses for area of responsibility and assist in training other operators in their use.
- Ensure that what is shipped to customer matches with order and appropriate paperwork is part of shipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment in area.
- Participate in improvement projects to improve the shipping and receiving of materials.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 years shipping, receiving experience in a plant environment.
- SAP knowledge.
- Good Analytical skills
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to wear steel toed shoes, safety glasses and hard hat when going into the plants
- Must be able to drive a forklift
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must know shipping aspects
- Must know mechanical operations of shipping