Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a “Legal Counsel, I&D, Labor & Employment and Compliance” in Houston, TX or Radnor, PA.
Nouryon’s Legal Counsel, I&D, Labor & Employment and Compliance, will play a critical role in the design, development and execution of strategies and programs that support Nouryon’s inclusive, respectful and ethical business culture. This position will help develop Nouryon’s first multi-year inclusion and diversity (I&D) strategy and implement this strategy through coordination with key stakeholders, such as Human Resources, Business Leaders, Legal and Sustainability. The position will also support Nouryon’s global Compliance program, which covers anti-bribery, antitrust, data privacy, economic sanctions, internal investigations and HR matters in the Americas.
This position reports to Nouryon’s Chief Compliance Officer/VP of Inclusion & Diversity and can be based in Houston, Texas, or Radnor, PA. Some travel will be required. Competitive compensation.
- Design, implement and drive key elements of Nouryon’s I&D strategy
- Serve as an I&D “ambassador” by developing and providing trainings, assisting with recruiting, serving as a resource for employees on I&D matters and preparing internal and external communications
- Support Nouryon’s Business Resource Groups
- Manage key ESG reporting requirements, including Conflict Minerals and Modern Slavery
- Assist with HR matters for the North America Legal team, which could include ERISA compliance, EEOC matters, litigation, investigations and employee disputes
- Manage the company’s ethics reporting hotline, SpeakUp!
- Coordinate and, where appropriate, conduct internal investigations
- Develop and provide online and in-person Respectful Workplace and Compliance trainings
- 3+ years relevant legal experience working in labor and employment or Compliance law at national or international law firm or in-house.
- Experience managing multi-stakeholder projects or initiatives, ideally internationally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding legal reasoning and analysis and strategic thinking ability
- Analytical and creative, with proven good judgment
- High energy with the highest levels of personal and professional integrity