We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: LaPorte, TX
To provide the appropriate level of transportation regulatory guidance in the area of general hazardous materials shipments and assist with the transportation emergency communications support. Manage the packaging design, support services to the Businesses and their customers to consistently meet their requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for development and evaluation of certain performance based and cost effective non-bulk/intermediate bulk, and all bulk packages, meeting the needs of the North America businesses, maintaining conformance with all governmental regulatory, supply chain and customer requirements.
- Manage the Nouryon North America written packaging specification process to assure continuity with established quality/environmental standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate efforts with Nouryon personnel of different regions in all businesses to ensure global development/maintenance of worldwide packaging standards for Nouryon products.
- Identify methodologies to improve or enhance packaging synergies to benefit Nouryon.
- Manage the periodic UN performance package testing process and ensure that it is supported by technical review, proper risk assessment with the Businesses, testing labs, regulatory bodies, packaging vendors and/or consultants.
- Develop and coordinate the North America written blocking and bracing process to assure modal and regulatory compliance for the various package types, and multiple securement methods within different vehicle/freight container types.
- Upon request participate in the package vendor evaluation process for quality and production/service capabilities and assist NY sites in resolving quality deficiencies with packaging vendors.
- Assist the business personnel in the Investigation of packaging failures and transportation related incidents to determine root cause. Develop and implement corrections to specification and/or procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
- As necessary, provide transportation emergency response communications support.
- Provide primary review and transport regulatory compliance approval of packages for new or revised product package combinations for Nouryon North America subscribed businesses.
- Represent Company in various industry trade associations and professional organizations.