We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Sales Engineer position in Houston, TX.
- Handle application questions and technical discussions with regional customers, with main focus on operational support and existing application refinement/optimization.
- Maintain regional technical support/relationship with (key) customers and distributors and run development projects together with them with a clear focus on creating and safeguarding short to mid-term sales.
- Support account managers in developing sales opportunities and converting them into real sales.
- Responsible for local execution and enablement of applications and solutions.
- While the focus is mostly Regional, need to share information and gained insights on a global level (e.g. with Technical Development Managers (TDM) and Market Segment Leads).
- Lead investigations and resolutions of customer complaints in the region.
- Maintain close contact with ISC stakeholders.
- Grow technical competence through participation in trade shows, courses and seminars, relevant in the region.
- Provide back-up for TDM.
- Service and customer driven.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Problem solving attitude. Ability to listen to customer and propose solution that meets customer needs.
- Fluent in English.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical engineering or Materials Science.
- Minimum 5 years relevant job experience.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. *