Are you a marketing professional with 5-7 years demonstrable experience in the polymer processing or chemical industry? Have you got what it takes to make an important contribution to our business strategy and Nouryon’s growth agenda? Do you feel at home in the world stage, and are you aware of and sensitive to cultural differences? If so, we are looking for you.
In our Polymer Catalyst business, we have a vacancy for a:
Global Market Segment Leader XTAP
Fulltime, Deventer, the Netherlands or Shanghai, China.
Gross annual salary before tax: EUR 90.000 – EUR 120.000
As Global Market Segment Leader, you are responsible for the development and implementation of the business strategy and 5-year plan for our XTAP (Crosslinking Thermosets Acrylics & Polymer Additives) market segments. Together with your global market segment teams you drive business-improvement, strategic growth projects and the overall execution of the market segment strategies.
Your responsibilities include:
• Accountable for the long-term Volume, Net Sales, Contribution Margin and EBITDA delivery as projected in the strategy
• Drive the strategic segment agenda internally and externally
• Develop, negotiate and implement business deals that support the strategy
• Develop and maintain an accurate understanding of relevant competitors, including their strategies, as input to the defined market strategy and execution tactics
• Lead the product management for the product portfolios
• Develop and execute plans to address customer/market needs with new solution-based offerings
• Collect and synthesize market pricing intelligence through research, market studies, raw material developments, modelling and translate these in pricing plans
• Give marketing guidance to the regional sales teams, resulting in a 3-24-month demand forecast
• Identify and pursue M&A opportunities to support the segment growth agenda
Polymer Catalysts at Nouryon
Our Polymer Catalyst business manufactures and supplies essential ingredients and sustainable solutions for polymer processing. These are crosslinking peroxides, peroxides to cure composites, electroconductive blacks, and other specialty additives used in the processing of polymers. From packaging and power distribution cables to yachts, automotive parts and shoe soles, our products help to meet the growing demands of the polymer processing industry.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position you bring a solid background in business to business marketing in the chemical or polymer industry. A deep understanding of the polymer processing market, its competitive landscape and markets/applications is a pre. Furthermore, you feel at home in the global arena, and thus are aware of and sensitive to cultural differences.
Next to this, you:
• Have a Master’s degree or PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or similar level through experience
• Bring a minimum 5-7 years experience in Sales & Marketing in the chemical industry
• Have a strong financial and business acumen
• Are a strategic thinker
• Are a self-starter with a drive to deliver on cross-functional projects
• Have a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
• Are highly effective with stakeholder management and have the capability to build strong relationships, internally and externally
• Are fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
You will travel in- and outside Europe for approximately 40% of your time.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A permanent contract
• An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies.
• An attractive bonus scheme
• 35 vacation days
• An excellent pension plan
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as Global Market Segment Leader XTAP?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page, and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.