The Transportation & Distribution Safety Manager will ensure safe, legal and secure transport of Nouryon materials within, to and from the Americas in accordance with domestic and international transport regulations (DOT and international transport regulations) including but not limited to 49CFR, TDG Canada, IATA/ICAO, IMDG, SCT Mexico, ADR European Road transport regulations and U.S. national modal transport requirements (U.S. AAR M-1002, Interchange rules, HM STCC; NMFC, etc.). They will provide expert transport regulatory compliance resource for Nouryon personnel based in Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East to ensure safe, and legal transport of our products, raw materials, and wastes within, to and from Americas (including Brazil, Argentina). Coordinate North American transportation security efforts in compliance with DOT, IMDG, IATA/ICAO security regulations and the ACC Responsible Care® Security Code requirements; and dialogue with Nouryon Europe personnel to ensure consistency of systems.
- Support Nouryon DHS CISA CFATS security regulatory compliance for our U.S. facilities; Complete necessary Top Screen (TS) and Site Security Plan (SVA/SSP) and implement at affected sites; Implement submission of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) for all affected sites per DHS request during 2020-2021;
- Communicate significant issues to the respective Nouryon business, Logistics regional service center and supply chain personnel to ensure continued operations/customer deliveries;
- Transition U.S. DHS CFATS security coordinator role (Nouryon U.S. DHS and Nouryon ACC Security coordinator) to other Nouryon employee(s) during 2021.
- Implement Transport emergency response Coordinate update of Nouryon CHEMTREC emergency response program; Coordinate periodic Americas OMS/HPMO/OP safe handling training for ocean carrier personnel responsible for acceptance of our products;
- Support Nouryon Americas Regional Service center personnel to ensure compliance with domestic and international transport regulations.
- Support Nouryon business and Industrial Supply Chain (ISC) personnel to ensure operations are compliant with Transport regulations.
- Work with Nouryon Americas sites and periodically conduct internal compliance inspection(s) to verify transport compliance and if necessary, implement action plan for any correction activity.
- Work within the ACC Distribution committee to seek means to address domestic and international issues impacting Nouryon’ s efforts for safe, efficient, and secure transport of our materials.
- Work with transport service providers to audit their practices and adherence to our safety protocols. Create means of report out and trend data for these results over time.
- Dialogue with Nouryon Business, HSE and ISC personnel to verify updated Nouryon CHEMTREC communications remains viable and able to handle transportation emergency response situations involving our materials.
- Monitor changes and proposed changes in the domestic and international transport regulations and communicated these changes and best method to address these changes to Nouryon business and ISC personnel which enable continued Nouryon sustainable operations.
- Identify potential transportation operation activities that could have significant reputation damaging impact to Nouryon. Work with business, ISC, Logistics and Legal personnel to address these issues to reduce such exposure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Transportation operations and logistics experience and day-to-day working knowledge of DOT, TDG Canada, SCT Mexico, IATA/ICAO, IMDG and ADR transport regulations.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of package types (samples, bags, boxes, drums, IBCs, portable tanks, isotanks, cargo tanks, rail tank cars) and regulatory compliance issues specific to modes of transport.
- Ability to promptly identify and address area of concerns and provide corrective action while enabling continued safe and legal transport of our materials.