Are you an expert in Health, Safety, Environment and Security in the chemical industry? Do you have demonstrated operational hands on experience in initiating, formulating and implementing new HSE processes and procedures? If so, we are looking for you.
In our Research, Development & Innovation function, we have a vacancy for an:
Fulltime, Deventer, the Netherlands
Gross annual salary before tax: EUR 52.000 – EUR 75.000
As HSE&S Specialist, you take local decisions on all relevant HSE topics for the site Deventer, in close consultation with the HSE Business partner. You have autonomy in preparing and executing HSE related items to make sure the site is and stays compliant, our license to operate. You are leader of the Safety Compliance & Efficiency Team and leader of the internal audit team.
• You initiate, formulate and implement new HSE processes and procedures;
• You are able to explain and convince internal parties beyond content driven arguments;
• You motivate others to implement and control HSE procedures;
• You are a professional with broad and/or extensive knowledge of HSE legislation built on an understanding of the theoretical concepts, and principles and their context
• You support HSE related (sub)projects across more disciplines
Nouryon in Deventer
Our Deventer site consists of a multi business knowledge center with over 230 highly qualified R&D employees. In addition, RD&I Deventer accommodates a number of independently operating research laboratories that are part of the Nouryon businesses as well as laboratories that are part of the Expert Capability Group (ECG) that provides support in analytical, material and environmental sciences to the businesses worldwide. Furthermore, the Complex Organics Plant – a small production unit producing highly complex chemicals – is situated here. The HSE&S department is part of the site service organization which supports all activities on site.
The HSE&S Strategy is focused on driving to zero injuries, waste and harm. Continuous improvement methodologies are used to progress on the key pillars: People Safety, Process Safety, Environmental Compliance, Health, and Security. While maintaining a compliance foundation, the HSE&S team works to shift to a commitment-based safety culture.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position you bring at least 5 years relevant work experience as HSE&S Specialist in a chemical/industrial location environment, preferably BRZO related.
Next to this, you:
• Have a bachelor or academic degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science or similar
• Preferably have a diploma in HVK
• Have knowledge of Risk Assessments (RI&E, HAZOP)
• Have knowledge of management systems (ISO9001, ISO14001)
• Are fluent in English, both verbal as in writing
• Have influencing skills
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A permanent contract
• An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies.
• An attractive bonus scheme
• 35 vacation days
• An excellent pension plan
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as HSE&S Specialist?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page, and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.