Supply Manager - Job Description:
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for a Supply Manager in Houston, TX or Chicago, IL.
The SBU’s Supply Managers are responsible for running the monthly supply-planning process, translate the demand- and capacity-situation into planning strategies and to work out appropriate planning parameters together with schedulers/tolling coordinators to meet customer demand and optimize inventory and capacity utilization.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the monthly updated Supply Plan for amines North America (run and analyze Arkieva capacity scenarios, prepare supply reports, execute and document Supply Meetings)
- Translates demand and capacity situation into strategies for scheduling and keeps SAP-master data updated with strategy-information.
- Work out planning control-parameters for scheduling/tolling together with site schedulers and tolling coordinators and keep SAP-master data updated.
- Coordinates schedulers, tolling coordinators, logistics, and sales/csr to resolve availability issues that have been escalated.
- Follows up and implement actions to improve inventory as well as delivery performance.
- Proposes improvements to the supply planning and scheduling processes.
- Works primarily with specific designated Sites but is also the back up for other Demand/Supply Managers.
- The Supply Manager also participates in different improvement-projects, sBU and/or BU-related.
- The Performance Formulations planning process consists of three major parts, Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Scheduling. The Planning horizon is 18 months whereas scheduling is on weekly/daily level with a three-month horizon. The Demand/Supply Manager’s role is to run the Demand/Supply planning process with the output of production plans that satisfy the customer demand at lowest possible cost.
- Failure in any part of the planning process can lead to shortages of products and not being able to meet customer orders and/or an extensive operating working capital due to too high stocks of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
- The position requires both a deep knowledge about planning, products, customers and production assets, but also a high level of people management due to the large number of collaboration-partners.
Bachelor’s/Academic Degree in SCM, Logistics or Materials Management with 3 years’ experience in Logistics or Planning.
One (1+) years in Chemical Manufacturing preferred.
CPIM and Six Sigma Certifications a plus.
Proven working knowledge of material usage, transportation, logistics and planning systems.
Experience managing teams.
Leadership experience is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.