We are now looking for a Senior Researcher to join our Product Chemistry Cellulose Derivatives Team in Äänekoski, Finland. In this position you would be a part of the dynamic R&D Team developing future products for Cellulose Derivatives product portfolio. In your everyday work you would be working closely with the Process Chemistry team, Other Nouryon R&D teams and Technical Service. Primary focus of this position is on synthesis development for novel cellulose derivatives. Hence good knowhow of cellulose, organic and synthesis chemistry are essential to succeed in the position.
The main tasks and responsibilities are to:
- Develop synthesizing routes for novel cellulose derivatives for variable application areas
- Lead and/or participate in assignments/projects and ensure execution and delivery of high-quality technical results on timely manner
- Give technical support for Technical Service and Application R&D Teams
- Perform experimental and analysis work with precision
- Maintain and improve existing, and develop new research methods in own responsibility area
- Share and ensure retention of knowledge through research reports
- Follow HSE legislations and Nouryon practices in order to contribute to a safe workplace and environment
- University degree in Chemistry / Chemical Technology
- Min 3 years working experience in industrial or academic R&D work
- Strong knowledge of organic, synthetic and cellulose chemistry
- Understanding of chemistry on variable scales and ability to convert theoretical knowledge to new product innovations
- Practical experience in analytical instrumentations
- Good communication, interaction and team working skills
- Fluency in English – written and spoken
- Results orientation with strong can do attitude
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
For additional information please contact Pirkko-Leena Hakkarainen, Section Manager Product Chemistry Cellulose Derivatives +358 40 759 3148 (June 29th at 9-11, June 30th at 9-11 and July 6th at 9-10).
Please apply via our online recruitment system Nouryon career opportunities - join an industry leader with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter by August 13th. As applications are processed throughout the application period a swift application is recommended. Please note we do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.