Supply & Demand Planner Americas - Job Description
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Supply & Demand Planner Americas position, located in Houston, Texas.
The Regional Demand & Supply Planner is responsible to deliver a monthly demand plan as part of the business planning process for their responsible area that is approved through the Demand Management Review (DMR) process as well as management and maintenance of the supply plan to determine the lowest/most efficient source of supply to balance customer demand, production and logistics capacities and raw materials requirements to ensure orders are fulfilled as required for their responsible area that is approved through the Supply Management Review (SMR) process. They will determine the stock replenishment strategy and manage the inventory targets for the business line by ensuring effective translation of demand inputs (forecast and sales orders) into an achievable plan for their product group. They will build on the combination of statistical forecasting practices and scenario planning to develop the sales forecast. The role will focus on increasing the efficiency of the supply chain through targeted replenishment parameters and forecast accuracy and associated KPIs to ensure product is available to meet the sales plan, while minimizing operational costs.
- Supply Plan:
- Develop Mid and Short Term Supply Plan to regional sites using Rough Cut Capacity Planning to validate capabilities
- Initiate and execute short and medium term supply optimization from given customer demand and plant cost and capacity structure and communicate to the organization.
- Develop and provide plants with weekly/monthly supply plan
- Evaluate business opportunities with the help of an optimization tool
- Develop and ensure that inventory stocking policies are followed for produced products or trade goods down to SKU level including safety stock levels and order quantities.
- Monitoring of process order On Time, In Full (OTIF) metric will be required to assess quality of plan.
- The planned order conversion for manufacturing plants within the ERP is the handover to the Production Schedule
- Demand Forecast:
- Analyze and manage the forecast and compare with historical sales history - Time period of relevance is 1 month to 24 month future horizon
- Fundamental work product is a 24 month forward look at the global demand at the material/Ship To Customers, aggregated as necessary
- Secondary work product is detailed, historical database of the 24 month forecasts for purposes of error analysis and corrective action
- Secondary work product is also a detailed demand history (actual) that can be aligned to forecast for comparison and context
- Monthly reporting of Demand Management scorecard.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Coordinate the execution of the demand and supply plan with responsible ISC Organization, effectively managing any exceptions with demand forecasts
- Work collaboratively with the ISC Organization to ensure key assumptions on anticipated production capabilities are reflected within the forecasts
- Actively communicate situation on blocked stock to the ISC organization.
- Coordinate the execution of the demand plan with responsible sales teams and customer services teams, effectively managing any exceptions with supply capability
- Work collaboratively with the Sales Managers to ensure key assumptions on anticipated market movements and commercial strategy are reflected within the forecasts
- Actively communicate situation on slow moving products / discontinued products to the Sales Managers
- Inventory Segmentation and Network Optimization Models:
- Determine the most appropriate inventory replenishment models that balance service, cost, and inventory based on the objectives of the business using Arkieva Inventory Module
- Use Arkieva supply module for network optimization to determine the most efficient supply plan to fulfill the customer requirements.
- Forecast Segmentation and Statistical Forecast Models:
- Realize forecast segmentation to identify materials applicable to collaborative forecast and products that require market information. Re-evaluation at least annually to ensure correct forecast segment. Maintenance in both SAP and Arkieva.
- Determine the model that fits best to the business patterns. Puts the model concerned into Arkieva in order to give guidelines to sales managers and planners for their forecasting activities. Assures that new product/plant combinations are assigned the relevant statistical model.
- SAP Master Data:
- Maintenance of Arkieva master data (plant assignments) relevant for the supply and inventory planning process.
- Maintenance of SAP master data (replenishment parameters and Planning rates) relevant for the supply and inventory planning process.
- Will be responsible for the process quality of NUSAP (new SKU creation) implementation within the management of change (MOC) procedures on all products within their region by having a close partnership with Manufacturing.
- Power User Arkieva: (Select Employees):
- Acts as a project leader or participant in supply and inventory management projects with a minor (financial) impact. Focus in these projects is on SAP and Arkieva changes. Scope includes the management of external expertise.
- Creates material for training of users of APO. Carries out training of relevant personnel to support continuous improvement (Planners, Schedulers, etc.)
- Business Planning:
- Supports preparation and facilitation of Regional Demand Reviews
- Supports preparation and facilitation of Regional Supply Reviews
- Collection and summarization of inventory forecasts and forecast accuracy
- Collection and summation of system (customer, in transit and in plant) inventory
- Monthly collection, analysis and distribution of inventory, forecast and accuracy analysis
- Provide input to the SMR and DMR in developing forecasting and inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Co-leads the Demand Supply Review (DSR) to drive tactical implementation of the approved plans
- Improvement Suggestions:
- Propose tools and structures for the improvement of the planning function and, after consultation the IBP Manager, implements these structures.
- Manage specific Supply Chain projects to meet budget requirements, project timelines, goals, business objectives etc.
- Actively drive to improve planning/scheduling related activities in the plant, such as process change-over reduction, inventory reduction/levelling, reduced scheduling effort, increased production efficiency, labor load levelling, accurate delivery date quotes, and provision of real time information to customer service and the plant.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, Mathematics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related discipline
- Highly proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Access; SharePoint)
- Very good English communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrable capability to analyze data (including mass cross-reference data validation, trending and forecasting)
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate with all functional levels within the business
- Experience with SAP (or equivalent ERP system), Business Warehouse (or equivalent data warehouse) or Arkieva (or equivalent advanced planning software) is preferred
- Solid understanding of supply chain and business processes
- Ability to prioritize and proactively complete projects with little direction
- Process driven attitude and results-orientated
- APICS CPIM or CSCP is preferred
- Willing to travel (approx. 10% Regional or Global)