Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for an “Application Engineer” in either Houston, TX or Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Understand technical and market positioning of product portfolio. Document competitive products strengths and weaknesses. Compare and contrast Expancel and competitor’s performance for product positioning.
- Develop strong product claims and substantiate with robust data (internal and 3rd party testing). Use standard industry test methods when appropriate or develop testing as needed.
- Recognize technical gaps in portfolio and work with cross functional team to build robust product portfolio. Contribute to new product development as needed.
- Drive justification for next generation products based on differentiated technology. Provide technical support for strategic platforms and new form factors. Push for new, unique, and different solutions to create step change growth and adjacent portfolios. Generate intellectual property (IP) to support and defend.
- Enable global sales through value-based statements and collateral. Support replication success across regions by sharing common customer needs and justifying our value in a sustainable format (presentations and digital media).
- New application development. Work closely with customers to understand needs and pain points, qualify products, and implement solutions.
- After sales support. Provide technical support to customers who are having issues or need to optimize process to successful scale production.
- Quality support. Resolve customer and/or product issues. Determine root cause and implement corrective and/or preventative actions. Provide input to NPI to design issues out of next generation products.
- Growth in target Markets – Drive solutions that solve industries most pressing problems. Train customers and participate in industry events to build brand and grow global sales.
- Develop and execute plans to address customer/market needs with new solution-based offerings
* Understand and develop IP as needed to protect our portfolio and market positions
* Create value propositions to support value selling for sales teams. Develop/implement necessary sales toolkit for the different sales channels (presentations, training, digital tools, etc.)
* Borderless mentality. Specify in one location for sales that occur globally.
- Develop and push (technical) marketing priorities, product introductions, growth targets etc. Back up Technical Sales as needed.
- Provide input to Market Segments to support new growth opportunities.
- To explore/identify (unmet) customer and market needs, global trends and opportunities for assigned and new markets
- Coordinate cross-functional issues related to product quality, specification and stewardship (Sales, R&D, Production & Technology, EH&S, …)
- Responsibility for keeping the knowledge on products, applications and sales team up to date to support existing and new opportunities.
- Self-starter with a drive to deliver on customer projects from initial idea to after sales support. Requires cross functional collaboration, excellent communication, planning, and documentation skills.
- Creative mindset. Must be able to translate difficult processes to simple solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of segment product portfolio, competitive landscape and markets/applications.
- Customer centric mentality. Hands on ability to solve customer problems with Nouryon solutions. Focused on the priority high growth target markets. Strong team player with winning mentality and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems individually as well as with team support
- Ability to plan work and execute on approved and designated projects
- Ability to understand customer needs and design/conduct testing that substantiates product claims. This often requires technical and customer engagement to capture data, analyze, and transform into useful information.
- Efficient at global replication. Essential to document customer benefits and reproduce for global penetration. This often requires technical and customer engagement to capture data, analyze, and transform into useful information that many can use.
Education / Experiences preferred:
- Bachelor or similar level degree in engineering. Preference is in polymer and/or paper processing for light weighting.
- 3 - 10 years’ relevant experience is preferred.