We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: Salisbury, NC
The HSES Manager is responsible for Safety, Health, Environmental and Security activities at the Salisbury site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage applicable HSES Training throughout the plant.
- Act as backup in managing Environmental Programs and Reporting.
- Manage all required governmental health, safety and environmental regulatory documents including reports and permit compliance (stormwater, air etc.).
- Manage Industrial Hygiene program including oversight of IH sampling on site.
- Workers Compensation responsibilities.
- Support and Participate in PSM Program including being PSM Champion for Process Safety Information for Substance Register
- Maintain OSHA records
- Manage site Haz Mat Team activities.
- Contribute to Community Advisory Panel.
- Serve on Local Emergency Planning Committee for Rowan County.
- Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision or as indicated in the HSES Annual Site Plan.
- Operate under any applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) when performing functions within their role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Field, some chemistry coursework essential or equivalent level of experience.
- 8-10 years safety, health & environmental experience in a heavy manufacturing industry.
- Chemicals, pharmaceuticals or other process industry experience preferred.
- PSM (Process Safety Management) experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in environmental permit compliance is critical.
- Competencies: teamwork, withstands pressure, takes ownership, results driven, timely decision making, able to deal with ambiguity, functional excellence experience.
- Strong work ethic, good organizational, interpersonal and PC skills.