We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature-controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides, as well as toll produces optical monomers.
Objective of Position: Lead day-to-day operations of the technical materials store to supply maintenance teams with requested parts and material on time.
- Ensuring availability of parts and material to support maintenance execution
- Ensuring delivery of spare part kits as defined in work packages as per maintenance schedule timing
- Ensuring proper receipt and inspection of parts and materials
- Managing spare parts inventory effectively to optimize working capital and material availability; using the analysis tools, setting proper tactics and driving elimination of obsoletes.
- Interfacing with reliability engineer to identify material criticality and availability/lead time requirements
- Stock replenishment with corresponding material certificates and documentation
- Executing cycle count
- Other duties and assignments as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- 5-7 years of Warehouse and Materials experience in a plant setting
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Abe to wear respirator if needed
- Must be able to work in plant environment
- Must be able to wear safety shoes, safety glasses and hard hat