Global Demand Planner - Job Description
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Global Demand Planner position in Houston, TX or Chicago, IL.
The Global Demand Planner is responsible to deliver a monthly demand plan as part of the business planning process for their responsible area that is approved through the Demand Management Review process. The Global Demand Planner will build on the combination of statistical forecasting practices and scenario planning to develop the sales forecast. The role will focus on increasing the efficiency of the supply chain through targeted forecast accuracy and associated KPIs to ensure product is available to meet the sales plan, while minimizing operational costs.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Demand Forecast:
- Analyze and manage the forecast and compare with historical sales history - Time period of relevance is 1 month to 24-month future horizon
- Fundamental work product is a 24 month forward look at the global demand at the material/Ship-To Customers, aggregated as necessary
- Secondary work product is detailed, historical database of the 24-month forecasts for purposes of error analysis and corrective action
- Secondary work product is also a detailed demand history (actual) that can be aligned to forecast for comparison and context
- Monthly reporting of Demand Management scorecard.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Coordinate the execution of the demand plan with responsible sales teams and customer services teams, effectively managing any exceptions with supply capability
- Work collaboratively with the Sales Managers to ensure key assumptions on anticipated market movements and commercial strategy are reflected within the forecasts
- Actively communicate situation on slow moving products / discontinued products to the Sales Managers
- Forecast Segmentation and Statistical Forecast Models:
- Realize forecast segmentation to identify materials applicable to collaborative forecast and products that require market information. Re-evaluation at least annually to ensure correct forecast segment. Maintenance in both SAP and Arkieva.
- Determine the model that fits best to the business patterns. Puts the model concerned into Arkieva, in order to give guidelines to sales managers and planners, for their forecasting
- activities. Assures that new product/plant combinations are assigned the relevant statistical model
- SAP Master Data:
- Creates material for training of users of SAP/R3. Carries out training of relevant personnel to support continuous improvement (Planners, Sales Managers, and Customer Service etc.)
- Power User Arkieva:
- Acts as a project leader or participant in demand management projects with a minor (financial) impact. Focus in these projects is on SAP and Arkieva changes. Scope includes the management of external expertise.
- Maintenance of Arkieva master data (re-alignments) relevant for the forecast process
- Business Planning:
- Supports preparation and facilitation of Regional Demand Reviews
- Provide input to the Supply Management Review (SMR) in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Co-leads the Demand Supply Review (DSR) to drive tactical implementation of the approved plans.
- Collaborates throughout the IBP process in the development of the plan, providing ad-hoc analytics and reports
- Improvement Suggestions:
- Propose tools and structures for the improvement of the planning function and, after consultation the IBP Manager, implements these structures.
- Manage specific Supply Chain projects to meet budget requirements, project timelines, goals, business objectives etc.
- Understanding of forecasting models & statistics (to discern differences between model parameters and identify best models to forecast)
- Excel: Comfort with Pivot tables, basic spreadsheet modeling and analysis,
- Familiarity with Power BI
- Working knowledge of SAP
Job Requirements - Essential Educational Qualifications, Relevant Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related discipline
- Highly proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, SharePoint)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrable capability to analyze data (including mass cross-reference data validation, trending and forecasting)
- Strong communication skills (in English); able to communicate with all functional levels within and outside, the business
- Experience with SAP (or equivalent ERP system), Business Warehouse (or equivalent data warehouse) or Arkieva (or equivalent advanced planning software), preferred
- Solid understanding of Supply Chain and business processes
- Ability to prioritize and proactively complete projects, with little direction
- Process driven attitude and results-orientated
- APICS CPIM or CSCP is preferred
- Willing to travel (approx.10% Regional or Global)