Regional Fleet Planner - Job Description
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.
We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol. Please visit our website at: https://www.nouryon.com/
Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Regional Fleet Planner position in Houston, TX.
- Work together with sales, customer service, logistic HUB, customers and logistics function to ensure effective and efficient fleet management in the region.
- Participate global fleet management coordination and cooperation to improve fleet utilization, operation safety and cost
Key Objectives and Principal Accountabilities:
- Manage the fleet for site and businesses within HP and SC. Responsible for optimizing fleet assets within HP and SC; supports the HP and SC regional strategy via fleet optimization. Responsible for creating the fleet demand forecast derived from the Customer/Product/Fleet object forecast and communicated with Fleet Manager/HUB. Enables fleet tracking by customer by providing sales managers with fleet status and overdue data by account. Manages uniform work processes and use of SAP/GFM among supply chain colleagues involved
- Participate in the IBP process. Key user of GFM, get involved for GFMS module development. SAP master data maintenance for fleet management objects. Responsible for keep the SAP data clean and proper related to the Fleet SAP transaction (e.g. Return ICSTO’s GR updated, delete old ICSTO’s). Received list BG up to date. Improve the reliability of the current fleet reports.
- Responsible for organizing regular physical bubbler stock counts in AP area and GFM/ SAP data sanitization as needed.
- Fleet assignment to product/customer combinations; working with Account Managers, customer service, customers, site to ensure optimal turnaround of the fleet - maximize contribution per unit per year. Recommend allocation plan for cylinders when in short supply, based on Business guidelines (e.g. optimize GM).
- Optimize the return process, including optimization of bookings, minimization of delays, and cargo acceptance by carriers, together with responsible transport group staff. Minimize number of idle days either at the customer or the sites -- compare unit performance versus targets. Determine root cause of failure to meet targets at the episodic level.
- Lead development, communication, and implementation of business processes and practices across production sites and sales offices related to the fleet objects.
- Create and distribute KPIs for effective management of the fleet such as average turnaround per fleet type:
- Turns versus Target
- Container fleet demand forecast accuracy
- Cylinder availability failures rate by customer class
- Efficient utilization of the RTC roundtrips
- Responsible for the HSE&S affairs implementation related to logistics within HP and SC. Strictly follow the HSE policy and relevant regulation. Ensure a safe working environment for people involved in HP and SC import/export (including external partners).
- Bachelor’s degree, more than three (3) years of experience in the Transportation fields.
- Product knowledge of HP & SC; know how to handle DG cargo transportation. A good knowledge of the chemical industry conditions would be a strong advantage.
- Strong detail orientation and analytical skills to create data bases and to analyse various internal data systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to interact globally and at various organizational levels.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft office products in addition; SAP/BW/Power BI is desired.
- Ability to work in an international cross-cultural environment.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. *