Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Regional Marketing Manager Agriculture and Food, this is a remote position.
It is responsible for growth of our Agriculture & Food business throughout the US, Canada, Mexico and Central America. Our Global Agriculture & Food business is based out of Chicago but this is a remote work position reporting to the Global Director of Marketing but working integrally with the NA sales team.
- Effective collaboration and listening skills are required to be successful in this role. How the person works with colleagues will be as important as their work output. Regional marketing managers must be able to influence the business direction of their regions to align with global goals, initiatives and strategies while also ensuring that regional sales teams are able to overcome critical issues in their region.
- Develops an effective & executable strategic marketing plan annually in collaboration with the regional sales teams.
- They will collaborate with their regional marketing manager counterparts across the globe, sharing best practices, learning from each other’s experiences and partnering on projects/initiatives that cross regional boundaries.
- They will contribute to the market intelligence global database. They must understand how global trends impact their regional markets. Conversely, they will communicate regional trends upwards and be able to articulate potential impact outside of their region of responsibility.
- Provides support to the regional sales team regarding product positioning, development and launch of sales tools, promotional activities.
- Responsible for margin management and developing optimal pricing strategies based on regional market conditions and defend/maintain or growth goals.
- Implements effective channel to market strategy. Ensures regional product stewardship including regulatory activities and inputs on label requirements to meet customer needs
- Manages global/regional product allocations
- Provides input on new product development activities and leads regional launch activities.
- Assists the global marketing director in business development projects such as: merger and acquisition investigations, commercial relationship development with customers, suppliers and prospects, joint-venture deal development, distributor analysis and strategy by country and region.
- Needs to be able to work with multiple information and analytical tools (import/export databases, industry and regulatory research, excel, tableau, access, etc..)
- Assists the global marketing director in all other activities as requested
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Work experience in agricultural markets or an agricultural background is essential. Work in ag chemicals strongly preferred.
- MBA preferred, strong business acumen mandatory
- Relevant Marketing experience
- Ability to understand the chemistries we sell and our chemical manufacturing processes.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in BTB marketing.
- Sales experience or account management experience preferred.
- Needs to be able to think strategically and provide regional market insights to support the global management team’s strategic decisions
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Work independently
- Ability to work in multicultural and multi-disciplinary teams, networking within and outside Nouryon
- English fluency. Additional skills with Spanish are preferred.