Are you a Team Lead with proven experience in successfully supervising and executing daily logistics activities? Can you provide guidance and talent development to Logistics Specialists responsible for international logistics execution? If so, then we are looking for you!
In our European Logistics hub, we have a vacancy for a:
International Logistics Supervisor
Fulltime, Arnhem, the Netherlands
Gross annual salary: EUR 58.000 – EUR 85.000
As Supervisor you are responsible for the planning, execution, and monitoring of the transportation modes Ocean and Air. You ensure the adherence to processes and compliance with Nouryon policies and procedures. Ultimately you ensure that the trade compliance program for the company is supported
Your responsibilities include:
• Build a strong team and internal relationships;
• Timely planning, execution, and monitoring of all shipments to guarantee that customer service and stakeholders needs are met
• Validate availability and secure transport mode capacity in alignment with expected volumes and forecasts
• Support implementation of process improvement and cost reduction measures
• Maintain and monitor KPIs, and identify and implement improvements
• Develop staff by organizing training sessions and support Manager International Logistics EMEA
• Motivate staff to make an effective and efficient self-driven team
• Monitor performance of logistics providers, customs brokers and partner government agencies.
• Communicate performance updates, progress of improvement initiatives, and challenges
• Coordinate with logistics and business leaders to ensure that performance is aligned with organizational needs
• Review accuracy and performance of planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting activities
The Supply Planning & Logistics team
The European logistics team is responsible for all inbound, outbound transportation execution and warehousing. The team is divided into a mainland Europe team based in Arnhem Netherlands and a team located in Gothenborg Sweden. This position is based in Arnhem and looks after execution to / from our sites and warehouses in mainland Europe.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position you have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in logistics and supply chain, and in leading teams. You have experience with shipping Hazardous goods and extensive knowledge of IMO, IATA, IMDG and ADR regulations.
Next to this, you have:
• A bachelor’s diploma in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field
• Experience in identifying and executing process improvement initiatives aimed at reducing cost and / or improving service level
• A strong understanding of the International transport market
• Strong working knowledge of SAP, TMS, WMS, and MS Excel and Word
• Experience with logistics providers, customs brokers, and government agency relationship management and performance evaluations
• Demonstrated understanding of international shipping requirements in the countries within the EMEA region
• A strong understanding of import and export activities
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A permanent contract
• An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies.
• An attractive bonus scheme
• 35 vacation days
• An excellent pension plan
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as International Logistics Supervisor?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page, and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, email@example.com.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.