Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for an Assistant Internal Audit Manager position in Radnor, PA.
Overall role of Internal Audit in Nouryon:
• Providing Assurance to the Management (including local entities/Business Units/Group Functions/Group Management and Audit Committee) that internal controls are adequately designed and operating effectively as designed;
• Advising management on control effectiveness, change initiatives, enhancements to risk management, effectiveness and efficiency of business processes.
• Anticipating risks and assisting the business in understanding risks, and in crafting preventative responses.
Internal Audit is part of ‘’Internal Audit, Risk Management and Internal Control’’ function employs about 15 FTEs in a number of locations across the globe (Netherland, USA, Asia). The USA Internal Audit office employs 3 FTEs, one of which is the Assistant Internal Audit Manager.
The Assistant Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for assisting in planning and leading internal audits, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include auditing functional and operating units and focusing on business and financial processes. This role will also assist on the SOX Compliance implementation across Nouryon.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing assigned internal audit projects to complete all planned projects as scheduled within the allotted time frame and budget.
- For assigned audit projects, lead internal audit project preparation and planning activities to target key risk areas and ensure the effective use of internal audit resources.
- Lead internal audit fieldwork for business process reviews and assessments including operational processes, financial reporting, internal controls and SOX walkthroughs and testing.
- Provide timely, clear, relevant and actionable feedback, tailored to the specific business environment, regarding audit findings or opportunities for improvement.
- Draft audit reports or other deliverables in a timely manner with minimal revisions required.
- Assist in following-up on outstanding audit findings or SOX deficiencies.
- Supervision of audit seniors and staff, guest auditors and external, co-sourced resources to ensure work is completed timely, accurately and adheres to department policies and procedures.
- Maintain and contribute to the continuous improvement of the internal audit methodology, processes and department policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as requested.
- University degree preferably in economics, finance, accounting & audit and/or business administration
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, ACCA, CIMA, CISA or similar
- Thorough knowledge of accounting theory, internal control and auditing standards.
- Knowledge and experience in COSO and SOX requirements.
- Minimum of 5-7 years audit experience in public accounting and/or internal audit function in a large international company
- Ability to process and analyze information and develop related action plans
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels and across the company.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision when necessary
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong reports writing skills
- Strong team player, active participation in team or project activities with dialogue, facilitation, feedback and clarification.
- Ability to perform duties and tasks necessary to work on multiple projects.
- Sensitive to deadlines and budget constrains
- Ability to work in diverse and international teams
- Fluent business English is required. Knowledge of other languages is a strong advantage.