Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a “Global Rotating COE Engineer” in Houston, TX.
- Improving the safety, reliability and efficiency/cost improvements of all Rotating Equipment globally. The key measure will be OEE losses related to Rotating Equipment.
- Foster and hold relationships with key plant personnel to influence behaviors/decisions to align with corporate initiatives/direction
- Be an influential team member, meet deadlines, be responsive, and maintain a positive professional demeanor.
- Own and drive improvement of the OEE Rotating Equipment losses KPI and other significant Rotating Equipment KPIs
- Develop/Maintain/Implement Global Rotating Equipment Standards/Guidelines
- Develop/Maintain/Implement training/best practices related to Rotating Equipment
- Provide technical support (remote or on-site) to solve Rotating Equipment problems by working closely with maintenance, inspection, reliability, operations, & process personnel
- Perform remaining life analysis on Rotating equipment for continued operations
- Lead and/or support Root Cause Failure Analysis of major Rotating Equipment problems
- Mentor and train plant engineers in Rotating Equipment
- Develop Global bad actor list and Support/Assist in complex bad actor resolution
- Ensure proper proactive equipment condition monitoring and protection programs are covered through PMs.
- Perform turnaround planning assessments and provide execution technical assistance as needed.
- Audit plants’ rotating equipment in Regulatory, M&R Standards Compliance, or participate in other Nouryon teams as needed
- Perform technical Due Diligence as needed for potential M&A activities
- Provide technical consulting during the capital project FEL process
- Provide support for Major Capital Projects fabricated equipment selection and inspection to ensure reliability
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in maintenance and reliability and recognized as an industry SME on Rotating Equipment
- Damage mechanisms and material selection
- Significant experience with regulated chemicals
- Minimum of B.S. in Engineering discipline (typically mechanical)
- Six Sigma black belt certification desired but not required
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Sense of Urgency
- Technical expertise within Rotating Equipment
- Experience with vibration analysis software
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Damage mechanisms and metallurgical familiarity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to condense/communicate technical information to upper management effectively
- Ability to mentor engineers
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.