The Instrumentation & Electrical Engineer is a member of the Nouryon Center of Excellence. The Engineer is responsible for improving the safety, reliability and efficiency/cost improvements of all Instrumentation, Electrical, and SIS Equipment globally. The key measure will be OEE losses related to this equipment. The Engineering will foster and hold relationships with plant key personnel to influence behaviors/decisions to aligned with corporate initiatives and direction. The professional will be an influential team member who meets deadlines, is responsive, and maintains a positive professional demeanor.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Own and drive improvement of the OEE Instrumentation/Electrical Equipment losses KPI and other significant Instrumentation Equipment KPIs
- Develop/Maintain/Implement Global Instrumentation and Electrical Standards/Guidelines
- Develop/Maintain/Implement training/best practices programs resolving Instrumentation, Electrical and SIS Equipment issues
- Provide technical support (remote or on-site) to solve Instrumentation, DCS, and SIS Equipment problems by working closely with maintenance, inspection, reliability, operations, & process personnel
- Own and responsible for all safety instrumented systems (SIS); their specification, use, and modification.
- Lead and/or support Root Cause Failure Analysis of major I/E and SIS equipment problems
- Mentor and train plant engineers in Instrumentation, Electrical, and SIS
- Develop Global bad actor list and Support/Assist in complex bad actor resolutions
- Ensure proper proactive equipment testing and monitoring programs are covered through PMs
- Responsible for the instrumentation vendor qualifications program and perform surveillance as requested
- Perform turnaround planning assessments related to I/E and provide execution technical assistance as needed.
- Performs auditing plants’ instrumentation in Regulatory, M&R Standards Compliance, or participate in other Nouryon teams as needed
- Perform technical Due Diligence activities as needed
- Provide technical consulting during the capital project FEL process
- Provide support for Major Capital Projects instrumentation equipment selection and testing to ensure reliability
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of science Engineering discipline (typically electrical, mechanical, or chemical)
- Minimum 15 years of experience in maintenance and reliability with a focus on Instrumentation, Electrical, and SIS.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification desired but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the area of instrumentation, electrical and SIS
- Ability to effectively as the member of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled at customer service including the ability to be responsive to the needs of team members and customers
- Dependable and able to operation under pressure with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with all types of instrumentation, SIS, and electrical systems
- Ability to mentor junior engineers
All applicants offered positions by Nouryon will be required to provide proof of their fully vaccinated COVID-19 status prior to beginning employment, subject to any exceptions made by Nouryon for religious or disability-related reasons.
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers.