Safety, Integrity and Sustainability are essential values at Nouryon. We have come a long way and our HSE&S culture is mature. But we always want to do more! It’s time for us to take the next step, and to transform our processes, culture and behaviors into a best in class in HSE&S. If you want to play a significant role in our journey and lead the HSE&S organization in Bohus – this is the right job for you!
As HSE&S manager you and your team have a strategic role to support the department managers on Site Bohus in creating a strong Safety culture and to ensure a systematic approach to all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental issues for the site. This includes integrated supply chain with the four plants in Bohus as well as several R&D departments. Your team is also responsible for the work place support including the reception and back office who manages service providers on site.
The HSE&S Manager is a critical role within the Site Management team for Site Bohus and is responsible to define and implement policies and strategies together with the Site management team to ensure full legal compliance and continuous improvement within all areas of Health, Safety, Environment and Security.
- Lead your team with 5 direct reports and 9 indirect reports
- Provide direction and set culture - Develop and maintain a strong site culture supporting HSE&S according to the Nouryon HSE Common Platform.
- Ensure license to operate - Implement and maintain HSE&S related programs and processes which support high performance culture for HSE&S and to define procedures to ensure Site Bohus acts in compliance to all legislation, regulations and Nouryon Directives and Procedures. Contact person for external stakeholders within HSE&S
- Provide expertise and guidance - Provide expertise regarding legislation and Nouryon Rules and Procedures and to guide the Site Management team by providing insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments of HSE&S performance levels on site.
- Communicate and set example – Walk the talk by living the Nouryon values and working across functions and businesses to drive the overall strategy for improved and leading performance within Health, Safety, Environment and Security
- Site Management Team – To take part of overall responsibilities for Site Bohus and also to act as member of the Site Management Emergency Team
- Relevant master’s degree
- 7-10 years work experience from chemical industry including high focus on HSE&S
- Managerial experience with strong leadership and coaching skills
- Professional knowledge in Swedish and English
We believe that you are a person who inspires others with your behavior and work. You are a good communicator and are stimulated by creating a strong internal and external network. It’s important that you are an experienced leader and can lead people thru change.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Site Manager Director and based in Bohus.
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Markus Dimberg, Site Manager Director +46705525046.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Matilda Bolin, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 70 957 71 34.
For unions related questions please call +46 31 58 70 00 and ask for:
Akademikerklubben, Emma Lundin
Unionen, Helene Rosenlund
Ledarna, Sanna Backman
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
We look forward to your application!
More about the business
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of more than 7,900 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands. Visit our website and follow us @Nouryon and on LinkedIn.
Nouryon Pulp and Performance Chemicals is a leading global force in pulp bleaching technologies, colloidal silica and expandable microspheres. We provide innovative and sustainable products and technologies that are widely used by customers in a large variety of industrial applications. Our 1,960 employees operate in 33 countries.
Our plant in Bohus is a strategic production site for the business unit Pulp and Performance Chemicals. It consists of four production plants, five laboratories and several office buildings that provide work for about 500 people, of which about 200 employees work in production. At the site we produce Hydrogen Peroxide, Separation Products (Kromasil), Silica Sols and Alkali pellets.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.