The Tax Specialist will primarily focus on Sales and Use Tax and conduct multi-state tax audits with a heavy focus on the state of Texas. They will also analyze tax accruals, and review sales monthly for accuracy. In addition, they are responsible for making needed updates and corrections.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work to develop professional relationships with managers and act as the main point of contact for tax related questions.
- Work with various departments and subsidiaries throughout the organization by serving as the subject matter expert on tax related questions.
- Act as a center of excellence by providing support to all internal stakeholders related to taxes.
- Use knowledge to manipulate large amount of data and analyze trends.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or a CPA preferred but not required
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Experience using systems like SAP
- Thorough knowledge of audit process and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of Texas Sales & Use Tax
- Analytical with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with managers and coworkers
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Ability to work independently with little direct management oversight