Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for Maintenance Supervisor in Columbus, MS.
The Maintenance Supervisor directs the Maintenance technician’s activities (Mechanic and E&I) at the Columbus, MS Facility. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that that technicians are technically capable for their roles and that the schedule for their activities is fulfilled. The supervisor has a key role in directing resources for ‘schedule breakers’ (call outs and emergency job). All that mentioned above should happen at the lowest possible cost and in a safe manner consistent with Production Goals, Corporate Policies, and Environmental and other Regulatory Constraints.
- Ensures that the Maintenance Technicians are available and execute their activities according to the released schedules.
- Ensures the maintenance shops are organized and properly maintained to guarantee an efficient and safe work environment.
- Ensures a minimum contingent to be on call during weekends in case of need.
- Reviews departmental performance against forecasts and budgets and initiates corrective actions as required.
- This position directly supervises the following positions: Maintenance Technicians (Mechanic and E&I)
- Must understand, observe and administer Plant Safety Rules and Regulations and be able to train subordinates as required.
- Must manage the Maintenance Department whose responsibility is to repair and/or calibrate Quality Critical Equipment and/or Instruments and the preventative maintenance of Process Critical Equipment and/or Instrumentation.
- Responsible to ensure wastes handled appropriately in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Any and all other duties, as assigned
Essential educational qualifications, relevant experience and required skills.
- Ability to read/write/analyze/interpret technical information related to the plant operation
- A technical/engineering degree is desired with five (5) years or at least fifteen (15) years in maintenance management without an engineering degree. Professional license/certifications preferred.
- This job requires capability to work in a chemical manufacturing setting with rotating, stationary, and high voltage equipment, ability to climb multiple levels, work in/outdoors, various noise environments, and lift up to 50 lbs. The employee must possess the knowledge necessary to work and direct work of others safely.
- This position may require individual to comply with Nouryon RBPS 12 Corporate CFATS Personnel Surety Compliance Policy for Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards, depending on the work area or activities within the plant.