As the Global Category Manager for Information Technology (IT) at Nouryon you will drive and support procurement strategy, excellence and spend-down for all IT categories in close cooperation with your Procurement colleagues, IT, other Corporate Functions and other stakeholders. Within this context your mission in this position is to manage and support procurement projects for all IT categories (software, hardware, networks, telecom & services) across our Corporate Functions, taking into consideration their requirements as well as Global NPR Procurement policies and guidelines.
Your immediate team will consist of four IT Procurement Professionals. You will join a 150-employee Global NPR Procurement department and report to the Global Manager of IT Procurement. This department offers an environment full of opportunities for professional development as we continuously enhance our specialization at operational, tactical and strategic levels.
- Support the Nouryon IT department and other Corporate Functions with sourcing and procuring fit-for-purpose solutions that meet their IT requirements.
- Design and drive overall category strategies, source suppliers for the various IT categories while optimizing commercial terms and total cost of ownership.
- Engage with key business leaders, colleagues, and other stakeholders to gather business requirements and specifications within multiple Corporate Functions and incorporate these into sourcing strategies, supplier selections and decisions.
- Responsible for the IT categories, being the main point of contact for suppliers regarding contractual and commercial topics. As part of performance and escalation management, you will also take ownership of issues with internal stakeholders.
- Lead and support cross-functional teams for RFPs, negotiations and contracting. Strong cooperation with internal stakeholders and other functions (e.g. Legal) is required and is therefore already part of your DNA.
- Maintain a continuous approach to learning and gathering market intelligence in order to keep up with the best source of supply, benchmarking, and market trends.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a business-related area or industry.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in Procurement within a Global Sourcing environment.
- Abundant experience with IT procurement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to deploy solid negotiation and problem-solving skills while working and executing with a high level of autonomy.
- Sound business acumen, strong relationship builder, and skilled at managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Good presentation skills and ability to analyze data and technical requirements from different angles.
- The highest levels of integrity and business ethics, along with sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to adapt your approach accordingly.
- Powerful interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, including a strong Microsoft Office capability.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.