Nouryon is a leader in essential chemicals and operates chemical processing facilities (manufacturing sites) across its global footprint. The company has over 8,000 employees and has a proud 400-year legacy that started in Europe.
The Regional Operational Excellence Director will lead, coach and develop a team of Operational Excellence Team Leads & experts who are supporting operations and sites, leading improvement projects and operational excellence execution. The Director will focus on the value creation and operation and is responsible for and leads the deployment and execution of the Operational Excellence activities with specific focus on the value creation at our manufacturing sites. The position is part of the Transformation and Continuous Improvement Leadership Team as well as the Regional ISC Leadership Team.
- Actively drive, follow up and coach sites on performance improvement in key areas. Influence regional ISCLT on areas of opportunity & prioritization in-line with top-down ISC direction.
- Assists in the setting of and driving to meet the regional and manufacturing site targets for value generation.
- Work with the other regional OpEx Directors on sharing best practices/opportunities.
- Serve as a “Player/Coach” and also run larger initiatives for the region.
- Ensure initiative implementation is aligned and coordinated with Nouryon standard processes
- Primarily work in the region but as required, will assist in driving Operational Excellence initiatives at global locations.
- Operate across functional lines, particularly with the Engineering and Technical organization, to drive change and improve the efficiency and effectiveness at our manufacturing sites.
- Function as an expert in and be passionate about continuous improvement, effective change agent, highly capable team leader, skilled instructor, accomplished coach and results driven
- Help build a long term operational excellence / continuous improvement culture.
- Deploys, drives, leads and delivers operational excellence programs and initiatives within ISC.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and facilitates execution of improvement within sites.
- Be the improvement partner and knowledge source for the regional ISC Leadership Team
- Serves, along with other OpEx Leads and experts, as the technical expert on the use and training of Lean Six Sigma (L6S) and on the use of the Nouryon ISC processes tools and systems.
- Actively coaches and develops the regional OpEx Experts to ensure that our “People Development Pipeline” is working and the OpEx Experts are prepared for future manufacturing leadership positions.
- Provides a clear sense of direction, motivating and empowering the OpEx team, site teams and functional teams to enable them to carry out their performance delivery responsibilities with confidence.
- Deliver initial training to the OpEx Experts and site Continuous Improvement Managers (CIM’s) and, as needed, throughout the organization.
- Assist in the development and deployment of the operational excellence initiatives and helps provide visibility of the program across the organization.
- Provides support and advice to define the specific scope for new projects.
- Guide the OpEx Experts to certification.
- Develop and delivers training and workshops at all levels as required.
- Lead complex, high-priority improvement projects, to provide the right level of leadership on critical projects and initiatives.
- Participates and/or organize strategic program meetings for Sites and Region to identify gaps and to strengthen the execution and CI/L6S programs.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree minimum. Degrees related to technical, supply chain, engineering or related fields are most appropriate.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Continuous Improvement Master highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and expert use in Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Manufacturing experience is a strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven leadership skills and the capability to work effectively in international teams.
- Skilled and experienced in managing change programs.
- Extensive experience in training and coaching; able to impart knowledge to others.
- Passion for innovation, change and continuous improvement.
- Effective communication to all levels of the organization, from the shop floor to the C-suite.
- Identify & develop future talent in the organization, both for OpEx & manufacturing leadership.
- Experienced project manager.
- Demonstrated high performance levels and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Mastery of advanced statistics & statistical software (Minitab, JMP, or equivalent)