Are you interested in the Global Product Safety Specialist role? Do you have strong communication skills and detailed hands-on knowledge of national and international regulatory programs (GHS, CLP, etc.) and transportation laws? If so, then we have a challenging opportunity for you!
Global Product Safety Specialist
Your challenge as a Global Product Safety Specialist:
The Global Product Safety Specialist has the responsibility for supporting the business on product safety related documents, such as Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels. This role ensures regulatory compliance and supports business goals by providing proactive classification and labeling advice along with critical information to both internal and external customers and other parties. It serves as the main focal point regarding hazard communication for a business line.
- Ensure global regulatory compliance support to safety data sheets, labels, and other pertinent hazard communication documentation.
- Support the harmonization of internal product safety processes, that ensure compliance with Globally Harmonized System (GHS) classification and labeling standards globally.
- Represent business lines in all aspects relevant to be compliant with chemical regulations for the portfolio within their assigned region.
- Support other colleagues as required on product safety needs.
- Involved in the daily operational support to the business and long-term planning needs of supply chain and other business functions to determine impact to product safety support.
Main responsibilities of the Global Product Safety Specialist include;
- Hazard Communication Management
- Responsible for managing completeness and quality of physical, chemical and (eco)toxicological data and assessment for classification of active portfolio products.
- Responsible for compiling product safety relevant documents globally (such as MSDS, labels and transport documents) for a assigned business line(s).
- Assists in managing substance and raw material portfolios in collaboration with other PSRA positions.
- Responsible for coordinating the product safety support given to business in respective region in terms of documents and information (e.g., Exposure Scenario’s.)
- Business Partnership
- Monitoring and communicating regulatory developments within regulatory bodies relating to hazard communication and transportation
- Act as focal point for one or more business segments around product safety for issue handling and communication
- System Maintenance, Project and Process Support
- Support in the managing and safeguarding of the development and effectiveness of SAP EH&S, in line with the business requirements, with a focus on operational efficiency.
- Act as lead or support (depending on level of position) in product safety related projects.
- Responsible for setting up harmonized processes within own area of responsibility.
- Be an advocate for change management; actively engaged in the improvement of team’s processes and systems.
- Participate in complex projects within the PSRA area, like global launching of new products.
- Responsible for following the Nouryon Business Principles and Code of Conduct with an obligation to report deviations in legal compliance to responsible manager.
Nouryon is a global, specialty chemicals leader. Markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of approximately 7,800 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability, and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this position, you bring preferably at least 4-8 years of experience in regulatory, environmental, HSE or R&D depending upon base education.
You have a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or other relevant field and > 10 years of relevant experience or master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering and >4 years of relevant experience.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- Proven ability to enhance data reliability (i.e. work accurately).
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with experience working on teams from multiple locations.
- Analytical, good strategic thinking and excellent winning together attitude.
- Ability to plan and execute own work efficiently while keeping stakeholders informed.
- Experience with SAP EH&S or similar environment/health/safety management software tool
- Good knowledge of chemical regulations, hazard communication and product stewardship
- Experience and ability in reading, interpreting and analyzing regulatory text and communicating it effectively to non-regulatory experts.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and in ambiguous environments, be able to adapt and be flexible in often stressful situations.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises of:
- A permanent contract;
- Attractive career opportunity;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- The option to participate in a collective health insurance;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become the first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career as a Global Product Safety Specialist?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions?
Please contact recruiter Patrycja Szczawinska on email@example.com.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.