A. Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
• Oversees the financial and business performance of the assigned business operations directly for Indistiral, Home & PC and Agro Specialities, and contributes to the execution of business strategy and achievement of financial objectives by providing (financial) performance analysis and management information, performing planning and control activities, and acting as an objective trusted and challenging partner to peers and seniors in business decision making.
• Is the financial business partner to the Executive Vice President Emerging markets in developing growth strategies for both performance Formulations as well as Technology Solutions in AsiaPacific and Middle East & Africa.
B. Key responsibilities:
• Provides financial and business performance insights
• Contributes to business strategy development and implementation
• Drives the planning and control cycle and related activities
• Supports business projects, proposals and investments
• Acts as trusted partner to business stakeholders to drive decision-making
C. Key activities:
Financial and business performance insights:
• Analyses historical and future financial and business performance
• Provides periodic management information on the (financial) performance of the assigned business operations
• Translate key insights from performance analysis into recommendations
Business strategy development and implementation:
• Contributes to the development and implementation of the strategy for the assigned business operations
Planning & control:
• Prepares and maintains budgeting and rolling forecasts, coordinates the budget/Rolling Forecast process with budget holders
• Performs risk management cycles
• Assures adequate internal control for the assigned business operations
• Ensures adequate follow-up on internal and external audits
Business projects, proposals and investments:
• Supports business or investment proposals and projects by providing financial analysis and insights and cost/benefit analysis.
• Prepares investment requests, performs economic feasibility analyses, reports and monitors progress and controls expenditures.
• Participates in or leads projects.
Trusted partner in business decision-making:
• Provide proactive support and advice to peers and seniors in the assigned business operations
• Drives and steers decision making in the assigned business operations to improve the (financial) performance
• Ensures that business decisions are made in line with long term value creation objectives, within the financial and other constraints (such as corporate policy, strategic, operational, legal, social responsibility etc.)
D. Job Requirements:
• Business: has worked for 2 or more units. (MM2: 1 unit)
• Functional: has worked in at least 2 parts of the function.
• Project: has been a project member or leading a functional project within the own unit.
• MSc in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or similar
• Displaying Technical expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
• Driving Continuous improvement: Establishes methods to monitor and improve performance of systems and processes; utilizes specialized techniques for continuous improvement (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management)
• Prioritizing and organizing work: Allocates time and attention based on what is the most important to achieve key goals and objectives; approaches work in an organized and systematic manner; effectively manages tasks, information, and requests
• Communicating effectively: Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
• Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
• Working across organizational lines: Holding a position that requires understanding the interrelationships among key events by learning how problems fit into the bigger picture and confronting interdepartmental issues. Effectively working and communicating across functional boundaries. Influencing others without authority or direct control.
• Analysis: Reviewing quantitative or conceptual problems and situations, and drawing appropriate and valid conclusions from data presented, sifting through data to determine the most significant elements. Identifying common elements and themes in situations and actions, recognizing cause and effect relationships.
• Business acumen: an intuitive and applicable understanding of how a company or unit makes money. Displays a thorough understanding of what drives profitability. Maintains a market-focused approach to business. Keeps an overall big picture understanding of the business and its interrelationships enabling a person to make better business decisions. The ability to make good business judgments and quick decisions in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
• English (fluent)