Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for an “HSE&S Manager” in Columbus, Mississippi.
- Manage the site’s Health, Safety, Environment, Security, and Responsible Care Programs in accordance with Corporate Directives, local/state/federal regulations, and ISO/RC requirements.
- This position is duly authorized to act in the capacity of the Site Director during their absence.
- Compliance – Ensure overall HSE&S Management process complies with Corporate, Federal, State and Local authorities and their applicable regulations.
- Safety – Responsible for activities, analysis and recommendations, and implementation of solutions that address unsafe conditions and at-risk behaviors;
- Manager and Sponsor of BBS process;
- Leader of Plant Safety Committee;
- Responsible for viability of PERO, BRT, etc
- Responsible for compliance with applicable OSHA, Responsible Care, and Corporate Directives.
- Ensure that appropriate processes are in place for timely completion of Hazard Studies and Management of Change.
- Responsible for authorization of high risk Permit to Work activities.
- Security – Responsible for security of property and materials and alignment with DHS requirements.
- Health – Administer health and wellness programs, medical records; support HR with fitness for duty evaluations
- Environmental – Responsible for permits and programs and improvement efforts towards minimizing environmental footprint of facility. This includes compliance with all applicable aspects covered by EPA, MDEQ, ISO, Responsible Care, and Corporate Directives.
- Key User of HSES Suite (Enablon) for reporting and tracking Incidents, Near Misses, Hazards, BBS observations, Audits, MOC’s, Regulatory Reporting, and assigned actions associated with the aforementioned processes.
- Responsible Care/ISO – Responsible for maintaining certifications, working closely with Responsible Care Coordinator
- Cost Management – develops annual budget for HSES Department and assist with the site annual budget.
- Community Outreach – Key point of contact.
- Responsible to ensure wastes handled appropriately in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for purchase of supplies, services, and consumables in accordance with purchasing guidelines.
- Any and all other duties, as assigned
Job requirements / Qualifications:
- Ability to read/write/analyze/interpret technical information related to the plant operation
- A technical/engineering degree is desired with five (5) years or more industry-related experience in the HSE&S field. Professional license/certifications preferred.
- This job requires capability to work in a chemical manufacturing setting with rotating, stationary, and high voltage equipment, ability to climb multiple levels, work in/outdoors, various noise environments, and lift up to 50 lbs. The employee must possess the knowledge necessary to work and direct work of others safely.
- This position may require individual to comply with Nouryon RBPS 12 Corporate CFATS Personnel Surety Compliance Policy for Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards, depending on the work area or activities within the plant.