FUNCTIONAL TITLE: PQC MANAGER
Manages activities of the Process and Quality Control departments. This includes process engineering with plant/customer technical services, controls, engineering, and quality control / analytical support needs of the plant.
Reports to: Green Bay Site Director
Supervises: Directly - Process Engineers, Sr. Process Engineer(s), Sr. Controls Engineer, Quality Specialist, Chemist, QC technicians
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Coordinate process safety requirements for the plant site.
- Manage process engineering.
- Manage quality control section.
- Manage controls programming and hardware upkeep.
- Determine resources for optimal performance of department and present to Site Director.
- Provide technical/process support for manufacturing processes.
- Support plant SPC activities.
- Develop and monitor departmental budget and expenses.
- Responsible for processes and chemical yields.
- Interface between Site and Technology Group.
- Manage Process Hazard Analyses.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY and ENVIRONMENT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and help implement the Green Bay Site Operating Policy and Objectives.
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security, and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Green Bay Site Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to your area of responsibility.
4. Participate in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
5. Ensures that Aspect Reviews are periodically updated to cover significant
change and the addition or deletion of facilities.
Education: B.S. Engineering
Experience: 8-10 years experience in Chemical plant environment
Training: 1. MTQ
2. ISO/RC 14001
- Engineering standards
- Plant Processes
5. Environmental Regulations
6. Organizational Structure
High - Position knowledge, organization/planning, communication, teamwork/cooperation, health, safety, security, environment.
Medium - Analytical ability, work quality, productivity, innovation/creativity
Low - Self Improvement